Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size leak do most guys recommend for lightly modded machines to fix the typical honda bog on throttle stab? I got an 06 450er with an airbox lid delete (stock Honda filter), HMF full pipe, and Hotcam stage 1. The previous owner who did all the mods rejetted the carb but neglected the leak jet. I'm thinking that a #45 or #50 is right on the money but this is my first 450 so I could be wrong, I know #70 is stock and #35 is a popular choice.

Also, any suggestions to address a mid to high rpm stumble while cruising? It happens randomly while holding what seems like any rpm for long enough. The bike feels like it justs falls on its face and sounds very rough (it's hard to describe what it actually sounds like), no popping out the exhaust. I have to Immediately pull the clutch to get it to recover and sometimes it will die. My thoughts are that its either bad quality gas or a jetting/spark issue. Im not convinced on jetting through because when I checked the valves I also changed the plug and it looked really good, not running lean or rich. Any ideas appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts