Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering where u all got your +3 hot rods stroker kits and how much. i am thinking about getting one. and a price on the gasket kit. thank you guys

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
we paid almost 400 like 395 for my bros one last year, check with woodward specialties or and of the other site sponsors, i think woodward had em for a great price

and just so ya know the crank is only including when ya buy a aftermarket crank like the stroker

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we paid almost 400 like 395 for my bros one last year, check with woodward specialties or and of the other site sponsors, i think woodward had em for a great price

and just so ya know the crank is only including when ya buy a aftermarket crank like the stroker[/b]
i dont get the last part. i know i can get a hr+3 off ebay for 280 so if u payed 395, was that with a gasket kit

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
i was thinking u thought the crank came with a bearing like the new OEM crank does, the OEM crank comes with a right side crank bearing, the Hotrods 3mm stroke comes with just the crank, if u was aware of that, my bad

and no it was just a crank for 390,

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
woodward gets you the parts when you need them! that goes a long way in my book. also i definately would rather pay an extra 10-20 bucks knowing i am forsure getting my stuff.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
woodward gets you the parts when you need them! that goes a long way in my book. also i definately would rather pay an extra 10-20 bucks knowing i am forsure getting my stuff.[/b]

true there. woodward will have it there quick.

·
Registered
71 Posts
With the cheaper crank selling for $280 you get Hot Rods plain jane +3 mil stroked crank which in my honest opinion is not worth buying. I have seen a few of these installed and they just didn't last. The other crank +3mil from Hot Rods selling for $395 is the Heavy duty crank and is worth the cash. I have a 04' with the HD HR +3 mil crank in my bike and have not had a single problem yet. I think that you could get away with the cheaper crank if you were to have the piston and crank balanced, but then you will have to pay the extra 200 bucks to have that done and you still won't have the stronger crank. Just thought I would share my 2 cents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the cheaper crank selling for $280 you get Hot Rods plain jane +3 mil stroked crank which in my honest opinion is not worth buying. I have seen a few of these installed and they just didn't last. The other crank +3mil from Hot Rods selling for $395 is the Heavy duty crank and is worth the cash. I have a 04' with the HD HR +3 mil crank in my bike and have not had a single problem yet. I think that you could get away with the cheaper crank if you were to have the piston and crank balanced, but then you will have to pay the extra 200 bucks to have that done and you still won't have the stronger crank. Just thought I would share my 2 cents.[/b]
the crank for 280 is a heavvy duty crank. go to ebay . go to atv parts and type in 450r stoker. go down to the additional items in stores and look tell me if the guy is selling a true hd kit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah, BUY the OEM crank bearings not Hot Rods when you do start to buy the parts for this build! Just what I have heard.[/b]
do u recommend a oem gasket kit or is the some quality other ones?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
if ur just gunna buy a hd crank? that isnt a stroker crank, if ur just staying stock get a crank from service honda there like 200bucks

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
i just looked there and im seeing hot rods +3 cranks for 280.. not just hd

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts