Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is Yammi taking a step in the WRONG direction with this one?

Most Yammi fans love them so much because they always step-up and make the changes they want...but still a 439cc and not 450...

Also, I have already seen many Yammi fans dissappointed with the new color scheme (IDK, doesn't look very purty to me :mellow: )

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
:huh: what were they thinking on the white radiator shrouds.....does not look right...it would look alot better if that were yellow also. B)

·
Registered
114 Posts
That color is fugly! I cant believe thats the best idea they could come up with.
Desert- what are yall talking about with the shrouds? If your saying they copied honda- the yfz was out first, and the yfz shrouds actually flare out to direct more air through the radiator, unlike the trx's which just stick straight out.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
so are the shrouds white or chrome? :mellow:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r+Jun 16 2004, 01:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Trx450Ryan
@Jun 16 2004, 11:42 AM
i like how it has shrouds like a honda, wonder why thy did that 
lol
You know what they say right?

"Getting copied is the sincerest form of flattery"

--------------

Yep, Hondas do suck, that's why Suzuki copied the goemetry and balance of the 400EX on their tri-labeled Z400/KFX400/DVX400 (every magazine said you could close your eyes and feel a 400EX underneath you), and tried to copy the ATC250R with the 250 Tecate, and now the shrouds ?

Looks like Honda should be proud ...

~ [/b]
Maybe it's just me but I owned a 03' z400 and a 01 400ex at the same time and they didn't feel very similar to me. The z had a nicer seat, lighter clutch pull and thumb throttle. It felt alittle taller. I'd still take a z or a 400ex anyday.....

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Most Yammi fans love them so much because they always step-up and make the changes they want...but still a 439cc and not 450...[/b]
Yamaha always "steps up" and makes changes???

What have they ever changed?

Banshee - unchanged since the move from J arms to A arms, very minor updates for 03
Blaster - after a million years, finally hydraulic brakes for 03 and a new beak
Warrior - after a million years, gets downgraded to a "Raptor 350"
Raptor - relatively unchanged since introduction with the exception of addressing a few serious issues that should have never been issues in the first place
YFZ - BNG

Over the years Yamaha has a history of never making changes or even fixing known problems. Since the mid 1980's the only good thing Yamaha has done in their ATV line is to build the YFZ.

The manufacturers continue to pour money into the bike programs and ride on the sales of their ATVs. It's unfortunate, but the way it is... Hopefully this will improve as time goes on - but there is no manufacturer that pays much attention to us & Yamaha certainly doesn't deserve any credit for listening to riders and improving their models based upon their suggestions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some of you young whippersnappers may not remember, but back in the 70's and early 80's, all Yamaha (and Suzuki) dirt bikes were yellow. Yamaha doesn't have to make any excuses for using that color; it was far more out-of-character for Honda when they made the yellow 400EX.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Jun 17 2004, 10:41 AM
Yamaha certainly doesn't deserve any credit for listening to riders and improving their models based upon their suggestions.
I agree 100%, I was just saying what a lot of Yammi owners claim when saying why they are loyal to Yamaha...

If you go to the Yamaha forum on atvconnection.com, you would know what I mean (that site kinda sucks...)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Figure it this way, aleast you will know what quad your passing. by the way KID how's your hand? Honda! there is no substitute! :D

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Jun 17 2004, 11:38 AM
Figure it this way, aleast you will know what quad your passing. by the way KID how's your hand? Honda! there is no substitute! :D
I won't have to pass them, we will already be ahead (unless you are lapping them
) My wrist is feelin great Rico, thanks for asking B) Can't wait for the 6th so I can ride the 450 again!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
More power to ya KID! The house your parents have is awesome. By the way is that a snowmobile trailer your quad is on. I just sold my sled. It was a 2001 Polaris 800 "151" snowcheck special. That's how I paid for my aftermarket parts!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep that is a snowmobile trailer, great for taking my quad, my dad's, my brother's, and our friends' quads when we go on trips...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I dont know about you guys, but i think the yfz looks like a big bumblebee!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

CAMO!?!?!? The guy who was in charge of the Yammi '05 line up should be shot. Actually, Honda probably paid him to make their L.E.'s look like sh!t and convince Yammi they look nice :lol: He must've told them no one wanted the YFZ to be bumped to a 450 either

BTW...THIS IS NOT A BASH! Just voicing my opinion that I think Yammi made a HUGE mistake!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh my bad, it did get a major performance change, maybe I shouldn't blame Yammi for a big mistake. IT GOT YFZ PEGS!

·
Registered
321 Posts
what's with the color of the rappy's and shee's this year on the LE line?? I mean waht is up with the purple and black marble thing goin on? it's uggggly!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by Poiks@Jun 17 2004, 10:07 AM
Some of you young whippersnappers may not remember, but back in the 70's and early 80's, all Yamaha (and Suzuki) dirt bikes were yellow. Yamaha doesn't have to make any excuses for using that color; it was far more out-of-character for Honda when they made the yellow 400EX.
guess i am showing my age but i used to own yz's that where black and yellow. i also had the kenny roberts replica rz 350 when it was new. that was back in 85. i think the retro look is awsome! may have to buy the plastic and update mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that the yellow, black, and white looks good. I can also remember the 80's when all Yamaha's were those colors. But the point is still NO WINGS. NO PRAYER. If you don't Ride Red you must have allready got one of the new Black 450's. Honda for ever, Point blank!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts