Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 05 trx450r that had no spark and had side bearings blown out of the crank. Rebuilt it and got one spark out of it. My buddy let me borrow his 04 CDI box and it sparked once again and hasn’t sparked since. There was 1 bare wire that I fixed. All continuity is good.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Have you tried to swap the coil? Are you sure all the values of the Stator are good? Usually a 1 spark situation is a indicator of a bad stator. if I remember correctly that is the same issue I had with mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried to swap the coil? Are you sure all the values of the Stator are good? Usually a 1 spark situation is a indicator of a bad stator. if I remember correctly that is the same issue I had with mine.
I did an ohm tests on the stator and it was fine. I also noticed this morning it gave me another 2 sparks and then stopped again. It seems like when it sits for a while it’ll spark

·
Registered
427 Posts
I did an ohm tests on the stator and it was fine. I also noticed this morning it gave me another 2 sparks and then stopped again. It seems like when it sits for a while it’ll spark
It kind if sounds to me like Pick Up Coil symptoms. Have you tried to pull the quad behinf another quad and dump the clutch and see if it fires up then? If it does that's usually a tall twll sogn your pick up coil. Also like i said before swap parts with another 450r (of the same year or generation) if you know anyone with one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It kind if sounds to me like Pick Up Coil symptoms. Have you tried to pull the quad behinf another quad and dump the clutch and see if it fires up then? If it does that's usually a tall twll sogn your pick up coil. Also like i said before swap parts with another 450r (of the same year or generation) if you know anyone with one.
I have no idea what’s going on at this point. I unplugged everything except the 5 wires you need to make it run and if I unplug and plug in the cdi box a bunch of times, eventually I’ll hear a click inside of it and it’ll start and run first kick. But won’t have spark after that until I hear the click again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts