Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I’m new to this forum my names Dylan and I just recently got a 450r off of some 15 year old that didn’t know what he was doing with it and the kick starter keep cracking cases I put a new kicker shaft and everything that came with it on and it just happened to my new case and I’m actually really mad about it can anyone please help? And also my kicker is pretty tight and hard to kick do my valves and decompression valve need adjusted to kick a little easier?

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
148 Posts
Giving it throttle while kicking it over is usually the cause of the case cracking, and you say its hard to kick start and you want to know if your valve lash is too tight. Do you have a service manual? Checking valve lash is easy. I wouldn't be too hard on the 15 year old, most likely you did the exact same thing as him. If your going to own one of these, get a service manual and be ready to spend some time servicing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Giving it throttle while kicking it over is usually the cause of the case cracking, and you say its hard to kick start and you want to know if your valve lash is too tight. Do you have a service manual? Checking valve lash is easy. I wouldn't be too hard on the 15 year old, most likely you did the exact same thing as him. If your going to own one of these, get a service manual and be ready to spend some time servicing it.
no I ain’t being hard on the kid he told me he used to give it gas and it cracked on him from kick back I used to have a 04 450 I know to pump gas 2 times then kick it over

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And no I don’t have a manual!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts