Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s probably a ton of posts about this topic but I would really appreciate if someone could give me a starting point, my quad needs a bit more bottom end acceleration doesn’t seem to run smooth there, I have a full sparks exhaust, k&n airbox lid, and uni airfilter and that’s it, any help would be appreciated, thankyou!!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I would start with HRC jetting specs, im not sure if the needle is still available if not try sparks third choice would be a dynojet needle. Drill your breather T and try a 180-185 main. I liked to swap the pilot to a 50 so i could run the screw at 3 turns out ( i had to be 4+ with a 48 pilot)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What fcr carb are you using? I’m looking to do a conversion as well

QUOTE="Dangle44, post: 2921284, member: 143140"]
I’m running a 190 in an fcr in my 05 still doing the break in but seems to run pretty good
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
40 Posts
07trx fcr. I went with 48 and 178 jets. Worked oit pretty good. No longer an idle issue and smooth and responsive

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
If you use a fcr off a trx you will need to clearance the ta k or use a tank from a 06 or newer. The crf carbs work great, then you will need either a noss adaptor or a different intake

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes correct. You can also heat the bottom of your 04/05 tank and push the bottom in a little for clearance and that also works. There’s a good YouTube video that shows exactly where to do it. I went with an 06 tank but heat gun is also an option

1 - 7 of 7 Posts