Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I’m installing a fcr off a crf450 in which I’m getting sent off to jet lab carbs and have the 04/05 billet intake adapter installed but I’m trying to figure out what year fci intake do I need to order 04/05 or 06+ for the trx

·
Truck Yea
5,432 Posts
dont want the 06 TRX carb, its to tall. you want a CRF450 or CRF250 carb. I recall the CRF250 carb is a bit smaller than the 450 but can be bored out. Gary used to have them listed on his site I recall but its not there anymore

Paging @ghott

Reactions: Ryan94Wright

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont want the 06 TRX carb, its to tall. you want a CRF450 or CRF250 carb. I recall the CRF250 carb is a bit smaller than the 450 but can be bored out. Gary used to have them listed on his site I recall but its not there anymore

Paging @ghott
Yea I know I have a card off crf450 I’m just trying to figure out what year fci intake do I need to buy for the trx

·
Truck Yea
5,432 Posts
Yea I know I have a card off crf450 I’m just trying to figure out what year fci intake do I need to buy for the trx
Keep the stock intake unless all you plan on doing is drag racing and never ever going near water

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
With the adaptor you would want the 04/05 FCI
They may have changed them from their first production model but if not I wouldn't reccomend it. On my build it was real hard to get jetted right, if WOT was good it had a flat spot somewhere else. Plus it took huge jets. When tested against the dasa intake the FCI made about 1/3 more peak hp but if you took an average from 5000 to rev limit it made about 3 hp less

1 - 5 of 5 Posts