Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a super clean 05 TRX 450r. I recently did an oil change on it, and I ran it up and down my drive way, I brought it back. It cooled off completely and the oil levels only 1/4 roughly the way up the spy glass. Is this normal?? I never noticed it doing this.

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
148 Posts
So I bought a super clean 05 TRX 450r. I recently did an oil change on it, and I ran it up and down my drive way, I brought it back. It cooled off completely and the oil levels only 1/4 roughly the way up the spy glass. Is this normal?? I never noticed it doing this.
Straight
Font Number Paper product Rectangle Document

from the service manual. If your not burning it and its not transferring to the transmission side, or the air-box I'd say your good. Just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
148 Posts
Oil drain plug on bottom of motor, if you only added a half cup or so I think you'd be fine, you can turkey baste it out the fill hole. Make sure your following above instructions to a "T" or your level readings will fluctuate or be inaccurate. The system doesn't have a large oil capacity to begin with and once started and warm it will take a couple of minutes for the oil to find its way back to the bottom of the block. So if you want to be accurate this procedure needs good repeatability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts