Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, new to this forum, created my account today and posting this just to get some insight on a project I’m starting, hopefully someone who’s done a similar build will read this. Anyways I have an 06 roller, (engine blew) and I’ve got an 04/05 motor sitting around. I have both wiring harnesses from both quads. Both carburetors, engine mounts, ect. I’ve got a lot of spare parts from both years to make this happen. Doing the swap because I like the challenge, like to be different. And prefer the kickstart.

I have found a good location for my oil cooler on the 06 frame, just in front of the radiator which I’ll be using the one from the 06..

·
Truck Yea
5,502 Posts
Will need custom motor mounts, and you might as well put the FCR carb on there. Look online for the carb adapter your gonna need

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will need custom motor mounts, and you might as well put the FCR carb on there. Look online for the carb adapter your gonna need
custom mounts won’t be an issue, but I am interested in using the 06 carb With the 06 air box. You said I’d need an adapter for the carb to the motor? I just started this project today. Owned a few Honda’s in the past, never really worked on them. I mostly ride Yamahas, built a few raptors up from the ground up, also built an r1 swapped raptor with my cousin. But that’s all fuel injection. I’ve never messed with carbs, so this will be a first for me.

I read a bit on the forums, Will I have issues mating the 06 carb to the 04/05 computer? Will I have issues with hot start?

·
Truck Yea
5,502 Posts
I can’t recall if the carb adapter is more for the engine side or air box side. Thinking on it the hot start is needed so a crf carb might be a better option since it already has one

Reactions: Samz628
1 - 4 of 4 Posts