Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently put a full hmf competition exhaust on it and it started doing this right away so
When it start it idles fine a little throttle it’s fine but soon as I Penn the throttle it Boggs and backfires there’s also some smoke coming out I took air box lid off an it still does it need help new to this kind of stuff Do I have to get rejett? Does air box lid need to stay off? And is the smoke normal for brand new exhaust?

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,668 Posts
So you are saying you haven’t rejetted and you put a pipe on and pulled the airbox lid?? That’s a good way to smoke your motor. You are running extremely lean and i wouldn’t be surprised if you have caused some damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you are saying you haven’t rejetted and you put a pipe on and pulled the airbox lid?? That’s a good way to smoke your motor. You are running extremely lean and i wouldn’t be surprised if you have caused some damage.
No I wasn’t aware I had to I’m newer to building it my self started last year figured if I’m racing I need to know as much as I can to fixing it so I been learning as I go but I saved money to get a lot done to it for my second season Of racing but I only let it run for a second going to try to figure out how to rejet it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts