Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Trx completely stick with a Uni air filter still have the stock air box setup with lid on I was looking at getting a sparks exhaust any recommendations and suggestions. Thanks

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,558 Posts
Just throwing an exhaust on won’t gain you much. What are you looking to get out of your quad? A sparks is going to be loud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just throwing an exhaust on won’t gain you much. What are you looking to get out of your quad? A sparks is going to be loud.
im not really looking for the exhaust to give me the most hp I mostly do trail riding I just want something really loud but also something that sounds good and Isn’t gonna give me a hassle

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,558 Posts
Why do you want it really loud? Have you ridden a machine with loud exhaust on a day long trail ride? It will give you a headache in a very short time and will start to make your ride unenjoyable very quickly, it wrecks your hearing, it pisses people off, and it is one of the main reasons people push to get trails shut down and fight against new ones. Plus, it irritates other guys that you are riding with, especially the guy behind you. Loud isn’t cool. Beyond that, if you are trail riding, you need to have a USFS approved spark arrestor to minimize the risk of starting a fire.

All exhausts for the most part sound pretty much the same. I haven’t ran a Sparks for very long, but I do find that the “big HP” exhausts tend to not hold up well to trail riding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you want it really loud? Have you ridden a machine with loud exhaust on a day long trail ride? It will give you a headache in a very short time and will start to make your ride unenjoyable very quickly, it wrecks your hearing, it pisses people off, and it is one of the main reasons people push to get trails shut down and fight against new ones. Plus, it irritates other guys that you are riding with, especially the guy behind you. Loud isn’t cool. Beyond that, if you are trail riding, you need to have a USFS approved spark arrestor to minimize the risk of starting a fire.

All exhausts for the most part sound pretty much the same. I haven’t ran a Sparks for very long, but I do find that the “big HP” exhausts tend to not hold up well to trail riding.
I have yes all my buddies have loud bikes which is why I want one and I don’t have to worry about a sparks arrestor as I ride moslty private trails so noise isn’t really a concern

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you're looking for something that has some good deep and lout tone and you're not worried about more power or "expanding your power in the future" get a HMF they're good sounding exhausts and are good quality for about $250.00 ($350.00 bucks for the full system) Trust me if you got a Dasa, Sparks or Monster pipe they're so loud your ears feel weird as hell after even 30 minutes of riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts