Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen and heard that Honda is delaying the release of the '05 400EX. Is there going to be any changes or just bold new graphics? I personally think not much is going to be changed. If anyone knows feel free to post some info.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
The new 2005 price list did not include the Sportrax 400EX. Honda won't release information on the 400EX until September.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by dj89@Sep 2 2004, 07:49 PM
saw one  to day umm it look the same.

any one know y my shop has 05?
cause its probably an 04

If you go to honda.com and look at the 400ex, it only shows 04. Meaning that is the 04 model, the 05 model has not been released. B)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
IM sure they did something to it , are you positive that it was an 05'??we will find out for sure in september like Lude said!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I heard they were gonna discontinue making it and vamp up the 300ex to replace it

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by t00muchmetal@Sep 2 2004, 09:31 PM
I heard they were gonna discontinue making it and vamp up the 300ex to replace it
I wouldnt count on it but the 400ex is going to be like the banshee it is going to be out forever then it will just fade away :ph34r: lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
isnt 05 the last year for 2 strokes to be made???

because of the CALI emissions ban

·
Registered
215 Posts
Originally posted by t00muchmetal@Sep 3 2004, 10:58 AM
isnt 05 the last year for 2 strokes to be made???

because of the CALI emissions ban
I heard something about this too. not sure if it is true or not. I wonder what all those glamis and dumont banshees are gonna do :huh:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think if u have them u can still run em.
I just dont like they will be making the anymore

Kinda like old muscle cars. since they were produced before the emissions law
they were grandfathered and dont have to meet the standards

ive heard for a few years now the this is the last year of the Banshee.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is the last year for the Banshee and Blaster. Also, if ask your dealer there are no more CR125 or CR250 for '05. That's one of the reason Carmichael switched to the CRF450

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by R&RRrider@Sep 3 2004, 12:20 PM
This is the last year for the Banshee and Blaster. Also, if ask your dealer there are no more CR125 or CR250 for '05. That's one of the reason Carmichael switched to the CRF450
Two stroke is bad for the environment anyways. 4 strokes are the way to go! :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
there is no way you seen an 05 400 ex you will se the first one september 8th thats when honda will release it,from what i have heard it will be updated along with the foreman series and there will also be an all new honda in the lineup from what i heard at the honda shop,the ex will probally get a better supsension,reverse,new plastic and probally a stronger engine.from what i have heard you will see an all new light weight sport 4x4 from big red. these are not facts but you can go to the hrca clubhouse and see for yourself about the september 8th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts