Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the topic says, wondering if a 04 houser swing arm will fit on my 06 race bike... i have an elka long travel linkage with the factory Long travel shock, will it fit, and will it effect the ratio or anything, thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
what are you talking about? lmao a houser swingarm? if so nope wont fit, but it will fit mine you could give it to me lmao

and you cant have a long travel link with a stock shock, it wont work the lont travel link is made for a much longer shock long travel isnt really long travel its just longer shocks

a standard travel setup is possible to have more actual travel then a long travel setup

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, a houser swing arm... and i know what long travel is...most of the Factory elka's are long travel...i was assuming everyone probably knew that, thats all.. but thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know?

·
Desert Racer
2,276 Posts
Not really sure what a "factory" Elka is, but I assume you have the two piece linkage and the shock to go with it. The linkage pivot on the swingarm is in a different location on the 05 and older compared to the 06 and newer. (Unless it is the new Houser swingarms that have two pivot locations on them, so they are universal between the years.) So, if your linkage/shock is for a 06 and the swingarm is for a 05 and earlier, it will not work. It may bolt up, but the linkage ratio will not be quite right. How big of a difference it will make, I do not know.

Doug

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nobody has heard of a Factory elka shock from elka? wow im surprised..its the best shock elka makes...oh well..i might have tot ry it..thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts