Honda TRX 450R banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
But I have been looking on babbitts onlineand the 04 and the 06 show the same valve cover. The motor is just painted with engine paint but the covers are powder coated and the lettering is hand painted. Frame, swing arm, and control arms are all powder coated. Ya the stems are smaller and sorry I just couldn't remember which set of valves were the different ones. Once I get my parts in I will be converting it all back to an 04, thanks for all your guys help, now I should be able to use my 04 hangers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Later on when I get the funds it will have new tires and new either headlock rims or those as rims

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So I just got my 04/05 head on but the upper hangers still dont line up do i have to pry them all in place or should the bolt just slide in?? Also should i have to cut down the collars that go on?? This is what it looks like on my quad

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,318 Posts
How much are they off? Make sure you keep the bolts that hold the plates on loose until you get the long bolt through. Are the other three motor mount bolts in already?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ya all the other bolts are in but I had tightened them all up even the swing arm bolt. Should they all be loose too?? That top bolt is of a good 1/2 - 3/4 inch.

·
Truck Yea
5,511 Posts
I wonder if you have the hangers for the other head on there and the bolts and spacers for the same as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Bolts and spacers are brand new for an 04. They also didnt fit for the other head too.

·
Truck Yea
5,511 Posts
what about the brackets?

its possible you may have to loosen the mounts a bit to fit everything on there as well. the spacers just look too big though which is odd

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The brackets are the ones that came with the quad. I will try loosening all the bolts and try to put the tip bolt in

·
Truck Yea
5,511 Posts
The brackets are the ones that came with the quad. I will try loosening all the bolts and try to put the tip bolt in
perhaps they are brackets for an 06? something just doesnt add up.

·
Truck Yea
5,511 Posts
also curious they arent on backwards or the wrong side are they?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I dont think they are backwards, any other way and they will be way off. The way they are in the pictures are how I have them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So I just got actual 04 hanger brackets and they are totally different. Even tried the new ones on the frame and the bolt slides right through no problem. The new ones I got are the ones that are all junky looking. So I must have had the 06 hanger brackets on.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts