Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It starts popping when full throttle or when revs climb high enough and start popping right when the power starts to hit as fare as ik everything is stock except exhaust has whites bros head back

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
It starts popping when full throttle or when revs climb high enough and start popping right when the power starts to hit as fare as ik everything is stock except exhaust has whites bros head back

Most likely it's a jetting issue, but you could have an exhaust leak.

Take care

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Popping on power sounds like misfires to me, I would check the spark plug boot, wire (they corrode), plug, coil wiring even the stator could cause this by touching the ground under the vibration, I had one that was popping on decel but could have been under power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Popping on power sounds like misfires to me, I would check the spark plug boot, wire (they corrode), plug, coil wiring even the stator could cause this by touching the ground under the vibration, I had one that was popping on decel but could have been under power.
Started popping on decel hard tonight also and pipe is glowing red at the first bend out of he'd

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
More likely to be an air leak, vacuum plate seal, dirty pilot jet or mix screw passage, screw could have fallen off (happened to me and it does exactly this)
Use no carb cleaner on the carb, but on the diassembled jets yes, I use broom hairs and air in the carb body

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cleaned carb Nothen helped tryed small jets Nothen went down in pilot Nothen went up in jets Nothen went up in pilot Nothen everything I did made it worse checked for air leaks didnt have any and valve play is on spec to the dot so is timing had a bad time this weekend with her did Nothen but test and tune and got no place abt to take it to dealer and say screw it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts