Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 04-05 hmf exhaust full exhaust fit onto an 07 450r ???

thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
I know the TC-R is the same through all years, and I think the shorty is the same for all too, but I also heard they don't, ill have to try to put my short can on one...

What is Different from first Gen to second gen as far as the exhaust is concerned?

Eric

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
have you tried this? I know a DASA wont for sure...[/b]

really? i was unawared why wont it fit what was the problem?

maybe only some exhausts will fit

and um i think someone just hacked my CPU lmao BRB

·
Registered
100 Posts
it will not fit...with alittle mod the can will fit but the header pipe wont ever come close...atleast with my buddies lrd it would not even work after he cut and welded it

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it will not fit...with alittle mod the can will fit but the header pipe wont ever come close...atleast with my buddies lrd it would not even work after he cut and welded it[/b]

hey thanks alot guys for all your hints and info !! its much appreciated...now i know not to get an 04-05 pipe for the 07 lol....

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was unaware they were that much different, what did Honda change to make it that way? Is the exhaust port in a different location? I thought the frames were almost identical...

Eric

·
Registered
187 Posts
will not fit at all completely different motor

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
I was unaware they were that much different, what did Honda change to make it that way? Is the exhaust port in a different location? I thought the frames were almost identical...

Eric[/b]
I think the subframe changed as well as the angle of the exhaust port.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
the silencer mounts differently too, on the 06 and up, it mounts to the grab bar.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was able to get a White Bros. E2 slip on on mine with the HRC header. So, a slip on will should work, but a full system wont.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
never tried it but from what ive heard is the exaust port angle on the head is diffrent, and are the pipe silencer mounting points.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
i thought i saw a guy on here 2 yrs ago do a sparks 05 system on a 06. and he said it fit like a glove :ermm:

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I have a HRC system on my bike. A guy on here has a yoshi RS-7 F/S On his 05 and i have a buddy with a slip on Dr.D off an 05 on his 06.

-Kip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts