Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the 04/05 HRC cam is a better than the 06-08 HRC cam and a little better than HC II for the 07. Is this true? If so, will the cam from the 04/05 HRC kit fit an 07 bike?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
yes it will work in it. also, you should like it alot. if you have done the green wire mod, the extra rpm's with the top end biased early hrc should really scream. i think i am gonna try the early hrc in mine this winter. dyno and see what it does compared to the hc2.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
hc2 will more than likely have a better mid range with not quite as much on top. more seamless power. hrc may have a bit of a powerband feel to it. comes on faster from mid to top.

which is better??? dont know. depends on what you like.

could'nt go wrong either way IMO.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I prefer the HRC Cam for my style of riding in the sand. When i ride trails i wish i had the HC stage 2. But IMO there is really nothing like the HRC cam and a good midrange pipe in the sand.

That was all about the early HRC Cam.

04-05 HRC-Top end Cam
06-07 HRC- Bottom To mid

-Kip

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I prefer the HRC Cam for my style of riding in the sand. When i ride trails i wish i had the HC stage 2. But IMO there is really nothing like the HRC cam and a good midrange pipe in the sand.

That was all about the early HRC Cam.

04-05 HRC-Top end Cam
06-07 HRC- Bottom To mid

-Kip[/b]

4 years and many upgrades later....I'm still running my early HRC in my 04...and it just keeps getting better. :yes :wub:

In my opinion...whether your making 40,50 or 60+hp...the early HRC is a great platform to build around. :thumbup: :thumbup: <-----two thumbs up

·
Venom Sand Slinger
1,338 Posts
I've got an '04-'05 hrc cam for sale if anyone is interested. :hey:

$95 shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Later- Kris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts