My custom Header, Finished Engine Build. What Do You Think? - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By socksandammo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

My custom Header, Finished Engine Build. What Do You Think?

A while back I bought a Rossier for 70 bucks, guy didn't know what It was worth so I offerd him 70 for it, it was Brand new never used yet just did not have a Header... So I thought about paying someone to build me a header and everyone wanted an arm and a leg to do so. So I bought some mandrel bent 1.75 Exhaust Swan Bent tubing for 30.00 bucks and made my self a Header what do you all think? I don't ride in a lot of wet conditions so I'm not to worried about the Rust, but would be nice to find a way to keep it from doing so. Only time it gets wet is when I wash it but usually start it right after so it don't stay wet long.

I just did a Complete rebuild as well my mods are below because I know some guys may be curious just out of Typical male mechanical affection.

So far it Seems to Perform amazing I'm really impressed, not sure if it's the Cam and Big bore my Porting job that is making it pull so hard, Can't wait to get it on the Dyno because. It's hard to explain but it almost feels like you're going to lift off the ground when accelerating lol and I was shocked that it pulled on my buddys 06 trx450R that has Racers Edge head Job, stage 3 cam and green wire mod! Shocked the **** out of me because Inever expected mine to be as quick as it i now.

So the mods I have.

480 Big Bore "Cylinder Works Kit For now running the Vertex Piston"
Stage 3 Hot Cam
Epoxy head "Done by me"
Kibble White Springs
Kibble White Valves
Decked head at .030"
2 layer Cometic head gasket
Hot Rods Crank
41mm FCR Carb Swap
Rossier Muffler with my Own Header

I did my Own Epoxy Job, not the best in the world I know and of course I may get some hate on my Epoxy job but I reshaped my Intake and I also epoxy'd right behind and around the Valve Guides in a bit to make more of a casual "turn down" to the Valves, Most importantly I raised the port Floor with a bit of a Casual "turn down" as well. I made it to where the air/fuel charge hits the Valves directly at the same angle as the Valve.

2005 TRX450R Ported & Polished Head, Decked Head at 0.30, 41mm FCR Swap (2007 CRF450R Carburetor), NCVQ Needle, Uni Filter, Big Gun Exhaust, HRC Cam, 11:5.1 High Compression Piston, & 15T Front Spocket.

Last edited by RyanW; 01-03-2017 at 01:48 AM. Reason: If you do not see Images yet I'm adding them as a Response because I hit enter during writing and editing this out :\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

It's all good to be honest I can take some hate lol Just thought i would run a couple of my pics and tell you all how it feels with my butt dyno so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Header.jpg (228.6 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg My Header 2.jpg (272.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg My Epoxy Port Job.jpg (590.1 KB, 61 views)

2005 TRX450R Ported & Polished Head, Decked Head at 0.30, 41mm FCR Swap (2007 CRF450R Carburetor), NCVQ Needle, Uni Filter, Big Gun Exhaust, HRC Cam, 11:5.1 High Compression Piston, & 15T Front Spocket.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 10:30 AM
300EX Rider

No hate from me man, more power to ya... literally!

So how thick is your header and have you burnt a hole through your leg yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

04' Black/Red
HRC Kit
12.5:1 JE Piston
Rossier Full System
K&N w/Outerwears
BARE Gusseted Frame
+2.25 Houser Slicast Arms
Tusk Adjustable Width Axle
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Thanks man. The header is just Shy of 2" inches thick, it's 1 and 3/4 inch thick from the head to the Rossier.

The exhaust is actually not in a bad spot at all, it does not stick out to much further then the Dasa headers do.

Thanks for the feed back.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:55 AM
300EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
Thanks man. The header is just Shy of 2" inches thick, it's 1 and 3/4 inch thick from the head to the Rossier.

The exhaust is actually not in a bad spot at all, it does not stick out to much further then the Dasa headers do.

Thanks for the feed back.
I wasn't very specific, do you know how thick the walls of the pipe are? I was just curious how thick the metal itself was.

Thinner stainless pipe will obviously dissipate the heat a lot more which is why I asked if your right calf is toasted. My brain is telling me a thicker material would probably not be so **** hot on your leg because it would contain and carry the heat a little better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
RyanW likes this.

04' Black/Red
HRC Kit
12.5:1 JE Piston
Rossier Full System
K&N w/Outerwears
BARE Gusseted Frame
+2.25 Houser Slicast Arms
Tusk Adjustable Width Axle
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Ohh Okay I got what you mean now haha. But yeah it's 16 gauge. So just a bit over half of a mm.

But no I have no issues with my leg getting hot so far it seems to be great

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page