My quad will go into gear without clutch and barely moves - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CJM

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

My quad will go into gear without clutch and barely moves

I have a 07 trx450er .I took my clutch apart to inspect it and when I put it back together the quad goes into gear without the clutch and doesn't stall. It also barely moves when I give it gas but the engine revs up normal. I noticed when I put it back together clutch lifter that attaches to the push rod didn't press up right against the lock nut , is that normal to have a gap? When I tested the push rod I put my finger against the thrust washer and pulled in the clutch lever and it did not move much and the lever didn't bounce back when released even with my finger keeping pressure, I had to pull the lever back to position by hand. Also I put my last pressure plate in rotated slightly more then the others in the notches of clutch housing arms according to my manual but none of the videos I watched on YouTube showed that, they all went right in the same row. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:55 AM
450R Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to duke416ex
Do you have a factory clutch set up or a recluse or other autoclutch setup? If it will go into gear without the clutch pulled in something isn't seated right and the pressure plate isn't on like it should be which is also the reason the lifter isn't working right.

04 450r
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 09:50 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

The rod isnt engaged right. I just had the same issue with mine when I changed out everything. Take the cover off and make sure the rod engages the lever on the other side properly.
hoser likes this.

-2004 450R. Far From Stock.. Sold, crank was going
-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

It's a factory clutche...im going to retake it back apart this weekend and check the plates again and the pushrod seat...thanks for the input guys
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Push rod is seated properly and clutch plates are correct but still barely moves
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:19 PM
Cane Rider!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

It's was the clutch cable adjustment...thank you so much for your help everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page