Hp comparison - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By hoser
  • 1 Post By hawk-trx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

So my 04 Trx 450 will be getting dynoed and a 2007 trx 450 with a uni filter and a slip on exhaust made 38 hp, and a 2006 yfz 450 with full exhaust uni filter head work and a cam ( can’t remember which one) made 45 hp, is it just me or do these numbers seem a little low, and what do should my bike put out for hp on this dyno, and if the dyno does seem low what up should it be at, thx

I have 12:1 cp piston hrc cam full lrd exhaust, 2006 air box with uni filter, and 03 crf 450 fcr

Yes-it goes fast
No-you can't ride it

Last edited by Cultcc00; 03-06-2019 at 03:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 AM
450R Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to duke416ex
I would guess you in the 38-40 range, but that would just be me. There is a lot about it that could be changing to low reading, did they run an a/f gauge to check the jetting? A lot can be gained or lost there, even if they had good set ups the jetting could kill it. Also, the 07 has a lot of room for growth with little additions, I think that is a good reading for it. Tell where you are dynoing and others may have experience on how it reads compared to different dynos.

04 450r
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke416ex View Post
I would guess you in the 38-40 range, but that would just be me. There is a lot about it that could be changing to low reading, did they run an a/f gauge to check the jetting? A lot can be gained or lost there, even if they had good set ups the jetting could kill it. Also, the 07 has a lot of room for growth with little additions, I think that is a good reading for it. Tell where you are dynoing and others may have experience on how it reads compared to different dynos.
Yeah they use a a/f gauge, I would think I would be a little higher than a 07 with just a slip on and air filter.

Yes-it goes fast
No-you can't ride it
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Making HP ainít free. . .

I’m not sure why you expect to be higher than the ‘07. You have the same compression, same carb, similar cam, and same air intake, only difference is a full pipe vs SO, and no offense, but LRD is not a great exhaust.

I as well as countless others have said many times, a dyno is not for bragging rights. A dyno is a tool for tuning and seeing the gains from mods and changes to your bike. So whether it makes 38 or 42 HP doesn’t really matter, the most important thing is that it makes the most power with the parts you have.
hawk-trx and atc340pvr like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
I’m not sure why you expect to be higher than the ‘07. You have the same compression, same carb, similar cam, and same air intake, only difference is a full pipe vs SO, and no offense, but LRD is not a great exhaust.

I as well as countless others have said many times, a dyno is not for bragging rights. A dyno is a tool for tuning and seeing the gains from mods and changes to your bike. So whether it makes 38 or 42 HP doesn’t really matter, the most important thing is that it makes the most power with the parts you have.
I never said it was for bragging rights, the 07 has a stock cam, so I figured it would just be a little higher

Yes-it goes fast
No-you can't ride it
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Yeah the lrd exhaust was on the bike when I got it, I will be going with dasa eventually but thanks for your responses.

Yes-it goes fast
No-you can't ride it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:11 PM
450R Veteran

Keep in mind that throwing a few parts at it won't make the gains the same parts can make with the right supporting parts.
For example, take a completely stock bike and replace only the head with a RE +1 head and you might only gain 1-2 hp
Now make it a 13-1 480, add a web 208, 43.5mm fcr, Dasa exhaust, and dasa intake but dyno it with the stock head, then swap out to the RE head and the head will bump the numbers by about 10 hp.

As for the dyno numbers I would also guess around 40, but as hoser said it's just numbers, they mean nothing unless you plan to go back after more mods to see what your gains are. If you plan to go back after more mods do yourself a favor and have a pre dyno routine, like fresh oil, clean filter, check valves, and clean and lube the chain, I have seen a non o ring chain that was dry gain 5 hp with a good shot of lube
hoser likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Making HP ainít free. . .

I wasn’t implying that YOU were going for bragging rights, but many do. And sorry, I know it says CRF carb, but for some reason I was thinking it also had a CRF cam, the HRC will give you more power over the CRF cam. And again, not trying to knock your exhaust, it’s better than than stock, I just never had good success with LRD.

Good tips from Hawk.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk-trx View Post
Keep in mind that throwing a few parts at it won't make the gains the same parts can make with the right supporting parts.
For example, take a completely stock bike and replace only the head with a RE +1 head and you might only gain 1-2 hp
Now make it a 13-1 480, add a web 208, 43.5mm fcr, Dasa exhaust, and dasa intake but dyno it with the stock head, then swap out to the RE head and the head will bump the numbers by about 10 hp.

As for the dyno numbers I would also guess around 40, but as hoser said it's just numbers, they mean nothing unless you plan to go back after more mods to see what your gains are. If you plan to go back after more mods do yourself a favor and have a pre dyno routine, like fresh oil, clean filter, check valves, and clean and lube the chain, I have seen a non o ring chain that was dry gain 5 hp with a good shot of lube
Ok will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
I wasn’t implying that YOU were going for bragging rights, but many do. And sorry, I know it says CRF carb, but for some reason I was thinking it also had a CRF cam, the HRC will give you more power over the CRF cam. And again, not trying to knock your exhaust, it’s better than than stock, I just never had good success with LRD.

Good tips from Hawk.
Lol yeah I was just clarifying, but the lrd will definitely be going away eventually

Yes-it goes fast
No-you can't ride it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page