TRX450er won’t start. Need help and ideas - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

TRX450er won’t start. Need help and ideas

I have a 2006 ER and I can’t figure out why it won’t start. I turn the ignition on and no red light comes on and I can’t fire it up at all. Completely dead. My battery stays charged but also my brake light works when I turn the ignition but nothing else. So if someone can point me the right direction thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 05:19 AM
250EX Rider

First lets look at the basics. Did you check battery Voltage with a Multimeter? and what did it say? Did the head light dim when you hit the start button? Do you hear a Buzzing Sound from by the battery when you push the start butting? No Loose wires?

Here are a couple things to check first.

1. Check over by the Battery, you will see the Starter Relay just to the left of the battery, then you will also see a small white box (it's bout 1 inch by about 2 inches in size) tht white box I just described contains 2 Fuses (One fuse is a Spare) they should be a 15 Amp. Make sure the fuse it is not blown. If it is blow use the spare one. If that is all good then check step 2 below.

2. Find the connector for the Clutch Switch on the handle bars by flowing the wire down, it will go under the "hood" and it will be a Yellow/Green Stripe fire and a Green wire in a black connector. Find a way to jump those together and see if it starts then.

Build Break Rebuild Better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page