4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryan94Wright
  • 2 Post By hoser
  • 1 Post By Ryan94Wright

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Dirtwheels 450R article

this has probably been asked since this article came out (I couldn't find it)

Is there any kernel of truth to this? I did see at Loretta Lynn's a few pro's had obvious Honda support.

https://dirtwheelsmag.com/new-honda-trx450r/

I'm going to buy a 450r and would hate to buy one and then have a new one come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:17 PM
250EX Rider

I don't think they will come out with another 450R and I mean if they do... not anytime soon. If they come out with a new one I always thought that it would be cool if they added some of the same Technology they use in their cars to the race quad world.

If I were a Honda Engine Nerd I would do these Changes...
Use the same Uni Cam design but make the cam Hydraulically Controlled using engine oil pressure by making the cam Variable Timed to change the cam pitch and maybe find a way to make the cam intake and exhaust lobes become a little taller (Kind of like V-Tec) at certain RPM's.

I would also add EFI like the CRF450 uses, I mean... all they would really need to do is use the CRF450R Throttle Body, make a couple changes to the Flywheel, Stator and re mold a intake manifold tube.

But that's just my wishful cheesy imagination lol
hoser likes this.

Build Break Rebuild Better
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:55 PM
Making HP ainít free. . .

I’m on the other end. If they were going to come out with one, I think they should do it now. People have lots of expendable income right now and they are buying toys. Lots of these people have the ability to afford a SXS, but they don’t want one. That statement was made when Polaris released their new Scrambler 1000S or whatever it’s called. And I completely agree with it. I don’t want a SXS. I just got back from a dune trip on the west coast and I had so much fun on my quads. Watching the SXS’s just looks boring. I rode Shotgun Creek out in Oregon as well and the trails were amazing, but a SXS wouldn’t fit on most of them. I don’t think they need any complex V-tec or anything, just some suspension updates, heck, I wouldn’t even care if they kept the steel frame. Personally I’m not a fan of the EFI, but for most people that don’t know or want to learn how to tune a carb I can see it being part of the package (not implying that you don’t know how to tune a carb Ryan). I can almost guarantee that Honda has an updated TRX450R that they could put into production tomorrow if they wanted to, but in typical Honda fashion they will be crazy cautious and when they do finally release it, everything will crash the next year, people will stop buying frivolous toys, and it won’t sell. Honda is always late to the game and never capitalizes on a market until it’s super late, or as is usually the case, too late. Look at the Rincon, I bought mine when it came out in 2003 and that stupid thing is basically the same machine 17 years later. If they did ANYTHING to it I would buy one tomorrow, but as it is, an extra spark plug and catalytic converter won’t make me upgrade. Meanwhile, everybody I know is buying 1000cc machines from every other manufacturer. I’m not saying I want 1000cc’s, but a little displacement increase and a DCT would be enough for me to upgrade. I’ve put over 10,000 miles on my Rincon and I guess I’ll keep rolling those miles on because I have no reason to buy a new one.

Sorry for my digression, basically, Honda will be Honda and keep pumping out the same machines that they developed 2-3 decades ago. . . . . Meanwhile other manufacturers are running to the bank with money from machines that people actually want to buy. . . . .
ridinredjav and Ryan94Wright like this.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:19 PM
250EX Rider

Good write up I gotta say I agree completely.
hoser likes this.

Build Break Rebuild Better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page