Falicon Crankshaft Closed Forever :crying: - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Cane Rider!

Falicon Crankshaft Closed Forever :crying:

From over @ ThumperTalk. Bum deal for the serious racers.

FaliconKen

Posted 13 hours ago

Race Winning Brands recently acquired Falicon Crankshaft and after 42 years serving the serious power-sports engine builder; the company was closed as of July 1, 2019.... forever.

The employees of Falicon Crankshaft Components wish all who have done business with Falicon their best and are regretful that we were not able to continue... it was a big company decision to shut us down. We have enjoyed working with the power-sports racing community in all forms for decades and will miss being a part of your many race wins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Making HP ain’t free. . .

That’s too bad. I heard a couple horror stories here and there about Falicon so I never ended up ever having them do any work for me. But I’m sure they did great work if they survived 42 years. It’s such a shame that a company like that with all that knowledge and experience and equipment gets shut down. I haven’t looked into it, but what happened? Why would this Race Winning Brands acquire them and then shut them down?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Cane Rider!

The rest of the story.

Good morning FaliconKen, please allow me to introduce myself, I am the CEO of Race Winning Brands. I’m a rider, a racer, and a fellow engine builder. I’m not a bean counter or some corporate guy. I’d love to chat with you today and share facts about the future plans for Falicon (BTW no one at Falicon was named Ken during our ownership? So whatever you're posting is rumor, and not recent facts. We confirmed with Glenn today, there was a Ken that worked at Falicon many year ago who did Marketing, assuming this is FaliconKen?) - Anyway, it’s a much brighter vision than you’ve posted! We are investing in making cranks and rods in Cleveland Ohio. The core elements of Falicon have provided us this base foundation, which we will build on! Moving to Cleveland was not our first plan, but we struggled with ramping up production on the old equipment and limited team in Clearwater and realized our best path for success would be moving the operation to Cleveland and utilizing our extensive CNC equipment and operational team. Before doing anything, I personally offered to sell the business back to Glenn (at a fraction of what we paid). Unfortunately, this wasn’t an option, but Glenn was understanding and did a great job helping us manage the transition to Cleveland. I sent our VP of Ops to Florida to manage the transition. He offered jobs in Cleveland to the Falicon employees. He worked with all the guys to find them a job or a path forward. He gave equipment and materials to employees that had side businesses and wanted to continue on their own. He hustled to get the building cleared out quickly, to help Glenn close a deal on selling the building. He managed orders and customers during this move. He really did everything I could ask to manage the transition gracefully, with class, and in the best interests of all those impacted. We shipped the crank grinding equipment to Cleveland, and we are getting setup and cutting chips on new rods now (see attached photos of the Falicon equipment relocated in Cleveland - setting up!), and will work toward cutting chips on cranks next. We shipped the clutch making equipment to Rekluse to rejuvenate and relaunch the offering. And we liquidated the old and tired CNCs we didn’t need. Ultimately, we intend to have new cranks and rods on the shelf. However, we are not planning to continue “repairing” cranks or making “one-off” cranks at this point; that is a challenging business and without the experienced repair guru, we do not want to offer anything less than perfection. We are happy to connect you directly with ex-Falicon employees who are offering repair services on their own, or other business referrals for this type work. As we get back online in Cleveland, we will remain open minded to expanding as needed.

Today, we welcome customer calls and would be happy to work with you however needed. The best way to connect is by calling Tom Davis Ext 3109, Al Pizzinio Ext 3105 or the Powersports Team at 800 321-1364.

Our mission is to lead racers to victory and enthusiast to enjoyment. Please connect with me any time (PM me or email me at [email protected]), I am here to make sure we successfully accomplish our mission.

Best regards,
Brian
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 12:37 AM
trx450r.org Moderator

Now THAT'S good business practice. Here's what happened, Here's how it happened, and here's how we are going to make it happen in the future!

~ Gumby ~
WI Trail Patrol #1224
WI DNR ATV Safety Instructor

2006 450ER
1984 ATC110
1978 CB750K
1978 Express 50
No Wing...No prayer

Quote:
..go by the pants dyno..thats usually all that matters.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 PM
450R Rider

The truth is brighter !!

2008 TRX 450ER XC racing
FMSQ # 281
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 AM
That One Mod

Send a message via AIM to ghott Send a message via MSN to ghott
I had the unfortunate experience of working with Falicon several times. I don't have anything good to say about any of those experiences. For what I experienced from them in product quality, quality control, and customer service - I am not surprised they went under.

Gary
My 04/05 Honda TRX450R Site

(^^^TRX450R tech articles, dyno testing, pics, vids, and more)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page