HELP! 06 trx450er carb issue - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

HELP! 06 trx450er carb issue

I just picked up a 06 450er the other day and im having a problem i cant seem to find the answer to. so im having this issue where the quad runs and drives fine in the trails but as soon as i take it on the road it runs fine for about 30 seconds or so then it seems as if the carb is running out of fuel because the quad just hesitates, sputters and sometimes dies.(always starts back up if it does die) I believe in having a float issue but i cant seem to figure it out only because the quad rips 100% in the trails somebody help!!!

Last edited by 450erdude; 05-23-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Cane Rider!

Welcome.

If she dies, will she fire right back up?
If she starts to hesitate, can you back off the throttle, and will she smooth out?
Make sure the fuel tank cap is ventilated.
Could be the float level. Has the bike been stored? Carb cleaned.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:21 PM
Cane Rider!

Or ignition. Losing spark. Ignition pulse generator on the stator.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

yes if it dies it will fire right back up, and if i back off the throttle it will come out of the hesitation/sputter but then when i go back to trying to give it throttle it will just repeat after it has started happening, yes fuel cap is ventilated good, carb was cleaned when i got it, bike was not stored before i received it, and im pretty sure its not spark related because i can hammer on the quad when in trails just not on the road thats why i was thinking float related maybe because the trails are bumpy and it bounces the float level just enough for it to be running properly unlike the smooth road i will check float level and make sure it is proper
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:45 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

50 bucks its the stator. you have good low end power but up top it breaks up and likes to shut off.

-2004 450R. Far From Stock.. Sold, crank was going
-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM View Post
50 bucks its the stator. you have good low end power but up top it breaks up and likes to shut off.
sheesh not what i wanted to hear is there anyway of testing before i buy a new stator?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:46 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

I recall there are, Im not very good with these things electrical compared to the engine. if you google/search a bit you can find it on here

I had a similar issue, bike would run good down low but then felt like i was hitting rev limiter early. thought it was a jetting issue but seemed to make no difference. then i thought gearing since i hopped the engine up. finally i had enough and put a new stator in and a new starter clutch (it was hanging up) and all my issues went away. for some reason the stators only last so long on these bikes.

-2004 450R. Far From Stock.. Sold, crank was going
-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page