Honda TRX 450R banner

Any old org members still around??

11K views 64 replies 33 participants last post by  ridinredjav 
#1 ·
What's up trx fans:grin2: just wondering if any of the early members still pop up from time to time? my old OCP 575 with the DYNAMITE PERFORMANCE upgrades is still running good and fun to ride ! hope all is good with everybody:):

#2 ·
Im here. Seems this place slowed down a bit, everyone wants/has SxS or has moved to the book of faces...

#5 ·
I still log in a few times a week. The FB groups seem to have definitely taken over, but its terrible to try and find decent info in them. All the good info still lives here behind the search button.

And yes, and I still have my OG '05 TRX I purchased back in June of 2006 - which led to me joining the forum.

#7 ·
Still come on every once in a while. It is dead here

New Years, actually week after 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SKT
#8 ·
I think a large majority of the earlier members found a new hobby or visit facebook pages now for new information. I remember when this place was flowing with new information on a daily basis.

(We've been a site sponsor since 2005 it's hard to believe how different the market is now with the growing interest of Big Bore Utilities and SxS. )
KB Motorsports
270-774-1982

#9 ·
I'm Still rocking my 06 kicker but I've changed from Venom to Dynamite performance and OCP.

#14 ·
Looks like ridinredjav wins, he joined 3 months before me. I still have both my original 04's and picked up another for my girlfriends son. But like has been said I now ride a SXS 2016 turbo maverick. When I'm on here I see so much bad information being handed out that I feel like a di$& all the time correcting the BS people post, so I just look for parts and comment now and then. I miss the old days when we had org members meet up from all over the country and become real friends.

#21 ·
I still jump in every other week or so.

I miss the days of the forums. Facebook is filled with so much false information and filler junk.
shame isnt it?

Then again, do you remember just how many stupid "which exhaust is the best" posts here way back when?

#22 · (Edited)
Wow... I havent been on here in quite some time. Nice to still see some old names pop up! Im pretty sure that I am one of the early ones. I know I was the first site sponsor on the page. I still remember where I was when I got the phone call telling me about the site, and how they wanted to put me on as the sponsor.

The forums really changed over the years..... this was by far my most active site. It doesnt hurt that Ive always been a Honda guy. I dont get out to ride much anymore. But I do have an 06 450er. Looks pretty plain, but the entire motor has been gone through and setup to be an aggressive trail machine. I was last out in Hatfield Mccoy in June. Hoping to make another trip this summer.

#23 ·
That trail is on my "to do list" It may be not much of a trail, but the history is amazing. I have gone up to Three fingers, (the Joaquin Murrieta hide ou)t and been to several hide outs of the Cole-Younger gang, but the H/Mc would be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: zack_long716
#24 ·
Hatfield McCoy was by far the best riding that I have experienced. I stayed for a week in Ashland and had a great time. I would love to get back, but its a 10 hour drive for me, so not exactly a quick weekend trip. I only saw a small portion, mainly the Indian Ridge trail system and some outlaw trails as well as a bit of the surrounding area. Lots more to see down there. Absolutely great riding conditions too!

#29 ·
Sounds cool. Which trail did you go on?

#30 ·
We stayed at Ashland and rode most of the Indian Ridge section and some of Pinnacle. We rode down to Bramwell and had lunch one day as well. On our last day we did a 95 mile day trip with Ziggys Tours on the Outlaw trails that was a blast.

#31 ·
I did that trip in 2016. We stayed at Ashland as well. I bought my 450 but also brought my Outlander. I ended up switching to the Outlander for the last 2 days. It was great to experience it and I checked it off my bucket list, but I would rather ride Northern Wisconsin/Michigan's UP any day over that. We made a 3 days trip a few years back from Wisconsin into the UP and back and never rode the same trail.

Reactions: lumi
#35 · (Edited)
Were you able to ride to and from the ferry or did you have to trailer it? We are planning a trip up there next August.

We've done Ashland 2x and Rockhouse once. I would like to check out the connector they added to Bear Wallow, takes you past Devil Anse's grave.

We prefer Ride the Wilds in NH.
1,000 miles of connected trails. Incredible views, lots of flat trails and fire roads for us older, bigger guys riding sport trax.
I would suggest Ride the Wilds over Hatfield/McCoy any day of the week.
The only thing WV has over NH is maybe the views while riding the trails. They both offer incredible mountain views but overall the trails themselves are move scenic in WV (imo)

#33 ·
First time on in many years. Life sure has changed. My 05 is still in garage. Something broke in tranny. Gonna fix and sell when I got time. My boy is MX ing now. Going to Loretta's regional this weekend to see if he can make it

#36 ·
We drove straight South from Wisconsin through Chicago. Ride the Wilds is probably next on my list. I'd love to ride in Canada somewhere but don't know anything about anywhere up there.

#37 ·
RTW takes you within a stones throw of Quebec and into Vermont for about 10 miles around the Pittsburg area. IDK much about riding in Canada but I promise you'll love riding this trail system.

One hing noticeably different is the absence of hospitality. Especially if you are from the south (which I'm not). The locals in WV seamed to appreciate your business as well as your company. Up there not so much, there is a definite disconnect with the ATV community from some local businesses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.