Any old org members still around?? - Page 2 - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 10:19 PM
300EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk-trx View Post
Looks like ridinredjav wins, he joined 3 months before me. I still have both my original 04's and picked up another for my girlfriends son. But like has been said I now ride a SXS 2016 turbo maverick. When I'm on here I see so much bad information being handed out that I feel like a di$& all the time correcting the BS people post, so I just look for parts and comment now and then. I miss the old days when we had org members meet up from all over the country and become real friends.
Dang Hawk you finally gave in to the dark side? The sxs's are nice, but I still ride quads or bikes.

05 trx 513r (batteries are for old ladies)
stock swingarm...yeehaw!
Qrappy rider (me)

Polaris RZR (someone has to bring the beer)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 12:59 AM
450R Veteran

I did, I'm so ashamed. But when it's so rough that you feel like your fillings are going to fall out on a quad, that sxs just cruises right over everything and it's almost as quick up the drag hill.
Pismo for the 4th, you in?
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 08:39 PM
300EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk-trx View Post
I did, I'm so ashamed. But when it's so rough that you feel like your fillings are going to fall out on a quad, that sxs just cruises right over everything and it's almost as quick up the drag hill.
Pismo for the 4th, you in?
Sounds good, I will do my best.

stock swingarm...yeehaw!
Qrappy rider (me)

post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 01:54 PM
250EX Rider

first joined in 2006 and still riding a trx since day 1
ghott likes this.
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 02:55 PM
trx450r.org Moderator

I still jump in every other week or so.

I miss the days of the forums. Facebook is filled with so much false information and filler junk.
ghott and CJM like this.

~ Gumby ~
WI Trail Patrol #1224
WI DNR ATV Safety Instructor

2006 450ER
1984 ATC110
1978 CB750K
1978 Express 50
No Wing...No prayer

Quote:
..go by the pants dyno..thats usually all that matters.
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:59 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I still jump in every other week or so.

I miss the days of the forums. Facebook is filled with so much false information and filler junk.
shame isnt it?

Then again, do you remember just how many stupid "which exhaust is the best" posts here way back when?

-2004 450R. Far From Stock.. Sold, crank was going
-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 04:49 PM
450R Veteran

Send a message via AIM to woodwardspecialties
Wow... I havent been on here in quite some time. Nice to still see some old names pop up! Im pretty sure that I am one of the early ones. I know I was the first site sponsor on the page. I still remember where I was when I got the phone call telling me about the site, and how they wanted to put me on as the sponsor.

The forums really changed over the years..... this was by far my most active site. It doesnt hurt that Ive always been a Honda guy. I dont get out to ride much anymore. But I do have an 06 450er. Looks pretty plain, but the entire motor has been gone through and setup to be an aggressive trail machine. I was last out in Hatfield Mccoy in June. Hoping to make another trip this summer.
hoser and zack_long716 like this.

Click Here to check us out on FaceBook!

Check out our website and shopping cart: Woodward Specialties
Use discount code: TRX450RORG

Paypal can be sent to: [email protected]

Email me- [email protected]

Last edited by woodwardspecialties; 04-11-2018 at 05:07 PM.
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 08:34 PM
300EX Rider

That trail is on my "to do list" It may be not much of a trail, but the history is amazing. I have gone up to Three fingers, (the Joaquin Murrieta hide ou)t and been to several hide outs of the Cole-Younger gang, but the H/Mc would be the icing on the cake.
zack_long716 likes this.

stock swingarm...yeehaw!
Qrappy rider (me)

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 10:16 PM
450R Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmoore3 View Post
That trail is on my "to do list" It may be not much of a trail, but the history is amazing. I have gone up to Three fingers, (the Joaquin Murrieta hide ou)t and been to several hide outs of the Cole-Younger gang, but the H/Mc would be the icing on the cake.

Hatfield McCoy was by far the best riding that I have experienced. I stayed for a week in Ashland and had a great time. I would love to get back, but its a 10 hour drive for me, so not exactly a quick weekend trip. I only saw a small portion, mainly the Indian Ridge trail system and some outlaw trails as well as a bit of the surrounding area. Lots more to see down there. Absolutely great riding conditions too!

post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 08:42 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwardspecialties View Post
Hatfield McCoy was by far the best riding that I have experienced. I stayed for a week in Ashland and had a great time. I would love to get back, but its a 10 hour drive for me, so not exactly a quick weekend trip. I only saw a small portion, mainly the Indian Ridge trail system and some outlaw trails as well as a bit of the surrounding area. Lots more to see down there. Absolutely great riding conditions too!
Ive heard its pretty cool, but not very fast riding really.

-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 11:45 PM
450R Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM View Post
Ive heard its pretty cool, but not very fast riding really.
I thought it was some very fast trails. Gotta watch for the families out there taking it easy, and the sxs. But the trails are well maintained and all. I am used to the PA trails with alot of rock... it was nice to be away from that for a change and really be able to rip. Riding into town was a blast. Being able to walk into a place for a good meal. Pull right up to a gas pump. It was really nice.

post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 07:28 AM
CJM
Truck Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwardspecialties View Post
I thought it was some very fast trails. Gotta watch for the families out there taking it easy, and the sxs. But the trails are well maintained and all. I am used to the PA trails with alot of rock... it was nice to be away from that for a change and really be able to rip. Riding into town was a blast. Being able to walk into a place for a good meal. Pull right up to a gas pump. It was really nice.
Interesting. Friends of mine went 2x and stated while it was nice, you wont be getting out of 3rd gear in most areas due to the trail/traffic.

-2006 450R. New WHIP..
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 03:22 PM
450R Veteran

Quote:
Interesting. Friends of mine went 2x and stated while it was nice, you wont be getting out of 3rd gear in most areas due to the trail/traffic.
Its a huge area, so i suppose there are many places that are tighter and slower than were I was that week. But I am hoping to go back to explore some different places.

post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 03:23 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

Sounds cool. Which trail did you go on?

-2006 450R. New WHIP..
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 03:47 PM
450R Veteran

Quote:
Sounds cool. Which trail did you go on?
We stayed at Ashland and rode most of the Indian Ridge section and some of Pinnacle. We rode down to Bramwell and had lunch one day as well. On our last day we did a 95 mile day trip with Ziggys Tours on the Outlaw trails that was a blast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page