Riding video Ride the Wilds New Hampshire 06/17 - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Riding video Ride the Wilds New Hampshire 06/17

Myself, Mark (CJM) my brother and Jonesy. We rode the southern trails this time around. Stayed in Milan (Pronounced Millen up there) rode Dummer, Millsfield, Dixville notch, Southern Colebrook was the furthest north we got and we spent a day @ Jericho Mt which was great riding and beautiful views. Lots of flat logging roads everywhere which works better for bigger older guys riding sport quads

We saw moose on two separate occasions (once on camera).

RTW puts "All Terrain" in ATV as you will ride flat logging roads, black top, cement, gravel, rock and sand. Plenty of hill climbing and technical trails as well. This is the only place I will ever go on the East Coast (less daily rides to AOAA) and I've been to Hatfield McCoy 3 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEsaQYOHJs4&t=435s

Last edited by OldGuyonaQuad; 01-08-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 08:22 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

it was indeed a fun and rather easy riding trip.

Remember that one crazy trail up the mountain where we got lost?

-2004 450R. Far From Stock.. Sold, crank was going
-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

you mean last year when I kept going in a circle twice before Wayne finally asked for directions?

Definitely covered some miles this time. The one day you and I both limped home on reserve. That's a first for me.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 PM
250EX Rider

Oh man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:30 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyonaQuad View Post
you mean last year when I kept going in a circle twice before Wayne finally asked for directions?

Definitely covered some miles this time. The one day you and I both limped home on reserve. That's a first for me.
Yea we went round and round lol that time. No imeant the very narrow trail that we went on perhaps somewhere out by the windmills.

450 is thirsty compared to your 400 lol

-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris

Last edited by CJM; 01-03-2018 at 11:33 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 03:51 PM
trx450r.org Moderator

I have this on my list to ride in 2019. I've been reading a lot about it. Whats the most Sport Quad friendly section? I rode Hatfield McCoy last year and there were some pretty gnarly parts!

~ Gumby ~
WI Trail Patrol #1224
WI DNR ATV Safety Instructor

2006 450ER
1984 ATC110
1978 CB750K
1978 Express 50
No Wing...No prayer

Quote:
..go by the pants dyno..thats usually all that matters.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I have this on my list to ride in 2019. I've been reading a lot about it. Whats the most Sport Quad friendly section? I rode Hatfield McCoy last year and there were some pretty gnarly parts!
I've been to rockhouse once and Indian Ride/Pinnacle Creek/Pocahontas twice and unless I get a Razr I doubt I will ever go back. 2016 we stayed up in Pittsburg because there were more lodging options but to get to to nice flat logging roads you have to deal with a connector every day. Same goes with Errol, there is a 7 mile connector that beats the crap out of you. If you stay in Berlin, Jericho Mt is right there and success trails are ok but then you have a 1/2 hour ride on the roads every day to get up to Milan. Milan area, Millsfield, Dummer, Dixville Notch or Stark are right in the middle of the trails.

We stayed @ Cedrapond campgroud in Milan last year, it was cheap enough but a bit cramped for 4 guys in the cabin, otherwise great location. One thing, you have to go to major towns to get 93 octane so if you use anything else you might want to bring plenty with you.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 08:07 PM
250EX Rider

Let me know your next trip
I'm finally on a steady schedule and can plan days off easier

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 11:26 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

june 14-18 are the dates. If your interested in bunking with us would need to put a deposit down by end of this month Rob.

Anyways the trails are good, mostly flatter logging roads really. What makes it nice is the scenic area and you can ride for hours on end, mostly quiet during june as well. Ive never done hatfield, these trails arent nearly as good and as built up as hatfield is apparently. But they arent really rocky and its way cheaper of course to stay there. Also imho hatfield would be better for a utility atv, friend did 4 days there 6 months ago on a polaris scrambler and loved it, but he said it had some very knarly trails. Plus the rocks if your on the sport quads kinda are bad

-2006 450R. New WHIP..

Last edited by CJM; 01-08-2018 at 11:28 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

The bunks are filling fast.
Hatfield McCoy you rarely get to ride in 5th gear. Not the case here.
We have a cabin right next to a trail head.
It's probably going to be anywhere from $115-$140 per head for the lodging.
I'll need $70-80 per person (depending on how many commit) by 1/26/18.
The balance is due 6/7/18
ORV registration is $40 for one week out of state registration.
Insurance not required nor is any other registration.
Helmets required.
Link to inter active map showing most of the trails.
http://backwoodsgpstrails.com/SledMa...ATV_Map_J.html

Last edited by OldGuyonaQuad; 01-09-2018 at 10:05 PM.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheerider11 View Post
Let me know your next trip
I'm finally on a steady schedule and can plan days off easier

Sheerider we are firming up the reservations this week and I'm collecting deposits. right now there are bunks/beds available so if you want in text me so we can work out the details. I believe you have my number.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 07:20 PM
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyonaQuad View Post
Sheerider we are firming up the reservations this week and I'm collecting deposits. right now there are bunks/beds available so if you want in text me so we can work out the details. I believe you have my number.
I have a destination family wedding that I need to attend.
This is eating up my days.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

maybe next year

E-A-G-L-E-S
EAGLES SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 10:20 AM
TRX90 Rider

Awesome footage, OldGuyonaQuad! Seems like a ton of fun. Are moose sightings a common thing there or were you just very lucky?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayMac View Post
Awesome footage, OldGuyonaQuad! Seems like a ton of fun. Are moose sightings a common thing there or were you just very lucky?
From what I've read they are pretty common especially if you know where to look. There is a spot up near Pittsburg where you can see them from your car most of the time. there are also tour groups that know where to take you.

Last year (2016) we didn't see any up around Pittsburg and this past year we saw a mother and her calf one day and this big black one two days later near the town of Milan. We also saw a bunch of other wildlife including a pheasant that tried to get out of Marks way but wound up looking like it was humping his helmet. Sadly no footage though.

glad you liked the video thanks for watching.

Last edited by OldGuyonaQuad; 01-24-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page