Riding video Ride the Wilds New Hampshire 06/17 - Page 2 - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 03:16 PM
trx450r.org Moderator

I keep coming back to this thread. I'm trying to justify a 20 hour drive.

~ Gumby ~
WI Trail Patrol #1224
WI DNR ATV Safety Instructor

2006 450ER
1984 ATC110
1978 CB750K
1978 Express 50
No Wing...No prayer

Quote:
..go by the pants dyno..thats usually all that matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I keep coming back to this thread. I'm trying to justify a 20 hour drive.
I have only been to half a dozen riding spots in the northeast (including Hatfield/McCoy WV 3x) but I've been researching all of the sources that the internet offers. Youtube, Rider planet, discussion forums, you name it. Nothing comes close for me except Utah.

The most critical thing I read about this place is there are several spots that are just flat and boring. Personally I like covering distances and seeing land marks and I prefer not to get too beat up in the process. There are plenty of technical trails and hill climbs available but for the most part you'll be in 5th gear.

It's 10 hours for us and I wouldn't hesitate to do the 20, you won't regret it.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 10:59 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

Its some nice riding. Mostly logging roads and its pretty fast riding. Its not hatfield mccoy (never been myself) where its totally geared towards riding. But its rather quiet, scenic and relaxing imho. it wont win any awards, the trail markings could be better imho, but the cost cant be beat.

Utah is also something Ive looked into it reminds me of where I ride all the time. And while I like sand, open dunes like glamis dont interest me nearly as much. I should take a video of my local pit-its fun but going in the same 5 mile circle gets boring sometimes lol and Ive been doing it for 12 years.

-2004 450R. Far From Stock.. Sold, crank was going
-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM View Post
reminds me of where I ride all the time. And while I like sand, open dunes like glamis dont interest me nearly as much. I should take a video of my local pit-its fun but going in the same 5 mile circle gets boring sometimes lol and Ive been doing it for 12 years.
I have some uploaded to my brothers youtube account
here is one link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msp0Hn1yOHk

there are others listed as Tom Ron & Rich.

BTW Mark, Rich is riding the other quad in the video he is the guy meeting us up there Friday.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:56 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

^ Didnt know you took a video of the rides there :)

-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM View Post
^ Didnt know you took a video of the rides there :)
yeah there are 5 or 6 from that day of riding. It was a Saturday so you were working. I was hesitant to upload them for obvious reasons. wow almost 6 years ago. Time truly does fly. So we've been riding together for what 7-8 years?
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 10:19 AM
CJM
Truck Yea

Yep long time lol

So long as you donít say where lol

-2006 450R. New WHIP..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page