No spark trx450er 2006 - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

No spark trx450er 2006

Yes yes I know thereís heaps of threads on this topic but I have no clue how to fix my quad
So first problem is I have no spark
First thing I was to do is I cleaned up all the wiring as I bought the quad off a mate 5 days before it died and I wouldnít know what the problem is
Secondly I bought a new coil to see if that fixed it it didnít
Thirdly Iíve bought a new stator as I compared my results to a broken or cooked one which results came out to be nearly the same (there was visible burn marks on one of the coils on the stator )
Iíve installed a brand new stator but no difference expect Iím getting more electric current coming out of the stator
Iíve checked the throttle switches and they didnít charge anything all earths are correct( when I first got the quad it didnít have spark but I was able to fix it by fixing the throttle switches and I got spark)

Last thing that happened before I lost spark is that I have a direct current of power supply going to the fan from the battery because the wiring was all messed up and what happened is that I took the cable off the fan to stop it and it touched the bars creating a spark across it and then before I know it... it lost spark completely and Iím stumped but next thing Iím to possible change is the computer. Any ideas of the problem will be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 AM
450R Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to duke416ex
Just checking the obvious, did you check the fuses next to the battery? And I take it that the lights and everything works? Have you downloaded a service manual in the engine section and followed the steps there?

04 450r
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:38 AM
250EX Rider

Yeah first check that Fuse that is right next to the Starter Relay/Battery area...Did you actually have the fun ran strait off the batter or just the 12v Fan wire? My theory of what may have happened and what I kind of get out of this is that....

When you pulled that 12v+ Wire off and touched it to ground it's possible that you might have shorted the entire ECU out... Here is why...

Now the Fan usually is ran off of +12V Wire and a "Ground" (as we will call it) that goes strait to the ECU, so both wires from the fan come from the CDI/ECU unit... Now the ECU is triggered by the Temp Sensor on the Thermostat housing and inside that Temp Sensor is a bimetallic spring that expands and contacts ground and when the ECU reads that it kicks the fan on and Off, most simple way to check for a non working fan is to un plug the Temp Sensor while the quad is running and tough that connector strait onto the head of the engine and usually the fan will kick on..

Build Break Rebuild Better

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:40 AM
250EX Rider

here is a wire diagram

Last edited by Ryan94Wright; 11-22-2019 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to ad the image *Slap Forehead*
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:41 AM
250EX Rider

Wire Diagram
Attached Images
File Type: png 2006 to 2014 TRX450ER Wire Diagram.png (562.3 KB, 3 views)

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Yeah The fan ran straight from the battery, and at the start a mate and I theorist that something happened to the ecu. The fuse isnít blown
And the quad doesnít have any lights attached because it has trx450r plastics on it when we bought it
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Alright got spark cheers for the help everyone
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 04:27 PM
450R Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to duke416ex
What did you do?

04 450r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in