Rear Exhaust Mount Question - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Rear Exhaust Mount Question

I lost the bracket that drops down to fasten the can part of the muffler to the quad and cant seem to find it listed on Honda's parts section. Does anyone have any idea what this part is called or where I should go about getting a new one? Thank you in advance for help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FUTURE_4_DSC_0063.jpg (664.1 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Making HP ainít free. . .

What part are you looking for that’s circled in red? Is that your quad in the pic? Do you have a FMF or another brand of aftermarket exhaust? If the piece that you are looking for is the aluminum bracket that bolts to the subframe and then into the top of the muffler then you will not find that piece from Honda. That bracket is part of the aftermarket exhaust system. If that is your bike then you should call FMF and order the bracket from them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
What part are you looking for thatís circled in red? Is that your quad in the pic? Do you have a FMF or another brand of aftermarket exhaust? If the piece that you are looking for is the aluminum bracket that bolts to the subframe and then into the top of the muffler then you will not find that piece from Honda. That bracket is part of the aftermarket exhaust system. If that is your bike then you should call FMF and order the bracket from them.
No, that's not my bike in the picture. Mine is missing so I found a picture online. That's my fault, I may not be clear. It is the part you are referring, however, I have a Dasa exhaust. I attached a picture that's more similar to my set up for reference although again, mine is missing so not my bike pictured. It seems like its actually a part of the rear grab bar??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dasa-TRX450R-Full-Exhaust.jpg (208.3 KB, 3 views)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 07:43 PM
CJM
Truck Yea

go to an oem parts site like rocky mountain atv, look at the diagram for the muffler. Are you missing number 14? if you are missing the entire area it mounts to, its part of the grab bar.

If your actually missing the bracket on the exhaust itself you cant get that except with a new muffler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muffler.jpg (180.6 KB, 3 views)

-2004 450R. Far From Stock.. Sold, crank was going
-2006 450R. New WHIP..
-Do it right the first time, and you wont have a problem later. Being cheap or taking the easy way out only makes matters worse later.
-Your Backyard Mechanic Extraordinaire: Responsible for bringing you redneck, ingenious and often interesting ways how to fix things.
-You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the H*ll happened. Captain Phil Harris
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Making HP ainít free. . .

So the black tab coming off of the DASA can should be welded to the can. That bracket bolts to either the subframe on an 04/05 machine, or the grab bar on an 06+ machine. There is no separate bracket for it. What year is your machine?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 01:44 AM
250EX Rider

Here is a Picture of mine, it's a 2006 450ER, The Dasa Exhaust Canister does not have a Spacer that goes right there like most other exhausts. Unless you're talking about the Centering Spacer that goes through the middle of the rubber dampener for the canister bolt?

Here is a Picture that if you wanna right click, down load, circle in red and re upload the picture as a reply so we know exactly what you're looking at so we get a better understanding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3590.jpg (123.5 KB, 3 views)

Build Break Rebuild Better

Last edited by Ryan94Wright; 11-07-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page