Honda TRX 450R banner

Project Swing-arm +6

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TerraFabSwingarms 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of putting a +6 swing-arm on my 07 trx 450. For sand hill climbs and light trail riding... Can I get some Pros and cons. I already have a hi-compression piston stage 2 cam port and polish and a LRD exhaust system. Any advice PLEASE!!

#2 ·
I ride dunes and just went from a +3 to a +6. I am around 70hp so I needed something longer. They dune pretty close to the same but the longer swingarm is way better when I race people or hit the whoops. Moving up from stock might be a big change. I don't think it would be good in trails.

#5 ·
@hoser
Thank you....
yes! I'm doing a motor mod in the near future... as for now hill climbs and tree shots is where I play around a lot, my front end is always lifting and its not fun getting stuck ...lol... I haven't got in to racing yet but maybe after the motor mod I will...
I'm one of those big set 280lb Hawaiians just wants to play hard in the sand and have fun.

Mahalo much

#7 ·
hoser
Thank you....
yes! I'm doing a motor mod in the near future... as for now hill climbs and tree shots is where I play around a lot, my front end is always lifting and its not fun getting stuck ...lol... I haven't got in to racing yet but maybe after the motor mod I will...
I'm one of those big set 280lb Hawaiians just wants to play hard in the sand and have fun.

Mahalo much

#8 ·
I am at 66hp on mine with a +2 swingarm, I tried a +4 but for how I like to ride it was too much, if all I did was drag race it would have been good but the +2 is so much fun when just play riding. Tree shoots are fine with it too.

#11 ·
Re: Project +6 Swingar-arm

+6 is on the long side if you want ride-ability for trails and such. a +4 runs great for all around. Hill shooting and drag racing +6 will be a good length. Just remember that the longer the wheelbase the wider the steering radius is so tight turns aren't as easy with a longer swingarm. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.