I had them in the freezer since day one except for the very first bearing.
Yesterday I went and got 3 bearings and had 1 extra so 4 all together to start with. I let the same mechanic screw the first one up. Then I had a second mechanic think he was smarter then the first guy, so I let him screw the second one up. I had 2 more in the freezer so I told those two to sit back and watch me screw two up myself so they didn't feel bad. I pressed them both in (with quite a bit of force) and then I ended up using the flanged collar to push it in a little bit more so that the collar would be flush. I had polished the inside of the swinger each time btw. Then I went to the second side thinking my luck was about to run out and she went in smooth like butter. Then I used the collar again and she worked. I wasn't a huge fan of using those collars since they aren't a very heavy material, but they held up!
After I got the bearings in and made sure they weren't crushed and still in good working condition I started putting the seals in. Both the techs told me I was putting them in wrong, they didn't think that the one seal should go right to the needle bearing and the other at the end of the sleeve.. I had previously looked into the service manual and I remember them being in there like that in the first place, so I was 100% sure that's how they went. But they didn't think so. I'm starting to lose faith there.. but oh well.
I don't think I'll ever take a needle bearing out that doesn't need to be replaced ever again. I just figured it's the first time I've ever had the swinger off in the 8 years the quad has been alive so I should change them even though they were fine.
Anyways guys, 1-2 more solid days and my bike will be back in running condition!
It's in the project quad section under "Murdering the 04 - Teardown and Rebuild"