Bad clutch and axle bearings correct? - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Didn't want to start two threads for this...

Lever is adjusted all the way out, or atleast as far as I could and clutch grabs at the VERY end. Haven't ridden enough to tell if it's slipping, but when I'm in 1st gear and rev it with the lever pulled all the way in it definitely rolls forward a little bit. I'm pretty sure the plates are shot. Should I get OEM or aftermarket and should I get fiber and steel plates? New Springs? Might as well do it right.

Rear of the bike lifted by the swingarm there is play in the axle both front to back and up and down. There is also a little play in the hubs, is this normal? Swingarms bolts are torqued down. Making sure before I order anything. If so, is any brand better than another? Thanks guys.

'04 TRX450R - Maxxis, CST, GTT, Jet Motorsports, K&N, CHM, HC, HRC
strubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
450R Rider

alright your axle bearings are shot as far as clutch goes you can adjust down by the case but if that doen't help youll need new fiber and steel plates as far as srings go there not a must have but if you havent replaced them in long while go ahead and replace them
Old 11-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
alright your axle bearings are shot as far as clutch goes you can adjust down by the case but if that doen't help youll need new fiber and steel plates as far as srings go there not a must have but if you havent replaced them in long while go ahead and replace them[/b]
Thanks. I didn't know you could adjust at the case, I'll try that right now. As far is the plates and springs go, is aftermarket such as EBC any better than OEM? And are stiffer springs better than OEM?

Old 11-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
450R Rider

Quote:
Quote:
alright your axle bearings are shot as far as clutch goes you can adjust down by the case but if that doen't help youll need new fiber and steel plates as far as srings go there not a must have but if you havent replaced them in long while go ahead and replace them[/b]
Thanks. I didn't know you could adjust at the case, I'll try that right now. As far is the plates and springs go, is aftermarket such as EBC any better than OEM? And are stiffer springs better than OEM?
[/b]
most people like oem the best ans stiffer springs are not necessary but do help to lower the amount of slipping if you have say a higher hp engine but they also make the lever harder to pull so if you race or ride hard it can become a pain as arm pump increases also
Old 11-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Thanks for your help. I adjusted at the case and picked up the slack in the lever. The clutch grabs about mid lever now so I'll just order the bearings and see how the clutch holds up after riding a few hours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement