CRF clutch on TRX? - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

New to the TRX's always rode MX dirt bikes. Got back from teaching girlfriend how to ride in dunes this weekend and she destroyed/burnt up the clutch on the second day! Anyway I'll be replacing most everything while in there, and everyone seems to like the CRF(oem) clutch kit.Or would a OEM TRX clutch be best?
Which year though, if that matters? And the judder spring? anything special or worth keeping?

Also I will probably replace the basket with a forged Rekluse/wiseco? Any opinions? I will also be buying DS springs which seem pretty popular.

Thanks, all feedback appreciated!

I have stock 07 450 with HRC kit so power levels are nothing crazy either.
TuNeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Solid Gold DASA500R!

i know the crf oem is the way to go on the 04-05's not 100% positive that it will work on the 07's?
Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terribly destructive process. Moreover, even when the destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they are asked to carry out actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality, relatively few people have the resources needed to resists. -Milgram

R.I.P. Jesse aka Jay Dash you were a great friend for sure! and always will be
badinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
i know the crf oem is the way to go on the 04-05's not 100% positive that it will work on the 07's?[/b]
Thxs for info! Any idea what year CRF oem clutch to get? Or are they all the same? Also any one else with info on if it will work on the 06 or newer TRX's?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
450R Veteran

I use 06 crf clutchs on all my trx's and they work great. My $12 tusk clutch holds up well
Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Solid Gold DASA500R!

Quote:
I use 06 crf clutchs on all my trx's and they work great. My $12 tusk clutch holds up well[/b]
are you using a tusk clutch kit on the RE500 motor of yours?
Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terribly destructive process. Moreover, even when the destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they are asked to carry out actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality, relatively few people have the resources needed to resists. -Milgram

Old 11-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
I use 06 crf clutchs on all my trx's and they work great. My $12 tusk clutch holds up well[/b]
Thanks for info! i'll be ordering crf kit it looks like.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I still have the bottom end of that re motor but the rest i sold off. I parted out my drag bike. It had stock honda plates with ds springs in it. I dont like the tusk springs but there plates work good
Old 11-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Solid Gold DASA500R!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I still have the bottom end of that re motor but the rest i sold off. I parted out my drag bike. It had stock honda plates with ds springs in it. I dont like the tusk springs but there plates work good
[/b]
do you like the tusk fibers or plates?

the two times ive used tusk the clutch burned out on the second ride. i wonder if im doing something wrong with them or what? the oem lasted me a whole lot longer...

Old 11-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
QUOTE(mx333 @ Nov 9 2009, 12:07 PM)
<div class='quotemain'>I use 06 crf clutchs on all my trx's and they work great. My $12 tusk clutch holds up well[/b]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

the two times ive used tusk the clutch burned out on the second ride. i wonder if im doing something wrong with them or what? the oem lasted me a whole lot longer...
[/b][/quote]
Both of them. I have them in my worcs bike's as well as my mx bikes. I use hinson inner hubs and pressure plates on my bikes as well as the basket, maybe that makes a difference
Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Solid Gold DASA500R!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
QUOTE(BadinBlack @ Nov 9 2009, 01:33 PM)
<div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
[/b]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Both of them. I have them in my worcs bike's as well as my mx bikes. I use hinson inner hubs and pressure plates on my bikes as well as the basket, maybe that makes a difference
[/b][/quote]
i have a lock out on mine and it simply demolished it. although my other friend has one in his 07 stock bore and has lasted a very long time! i don't even know what to do to hold the clutch together on mine! i am gonna be trying even heavier duty springs than those that are on there right now. (trx250r HD springs)

Old 11-10-2009, 02:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Ya i am sure your motors make more tq than mine being a 500. I am sure the tq kills the clutchs. I go through them about every 10 or so hours of ride time and then its time for new a new one but they only cost me like 12 bucks so i dont care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement