Clutch plate help... - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Hello,

I have a 2007 450ER and the reduction gear B went out on the starter assembly. Expecting to have to take out the starter clutch, i took the clutch plates out. I replaced the reduction gear and was able to once again turn over the motor. I marked them(te tops of the fiber plates, but it seems like the presure plate isn't going down onto the discs when fully torqed down. Is it possible for the rod to not be seated correctly and subsequently the needle bearing holder to be pushing the pressure plate out too much? i haven't wanted to break open the left side to find out just yet. I wanted to ask here if any of you have experienced this before. Also, i looked at the clutch install guide sticky, but it seems like to presure plate is so much further from the fiber plate on mine than the guide shows it to be.

tnx

trevor

nintool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
250EX Rider

you wont see anything on the left side anyway, one thing i can think of is that the lever arm that the cable hooks too might of fell down a little which would push the rod out farter, take the pressure plate off and pull the lever arm up a little, there should be like 1/8" gap between the top of the arm and the seal, also check to make sure that the washer on the outside of the needle bearing is on, ive had one **** in between the plate and the bearing and didnt notice it until i went to put the cover on.

2005 450r-Race bike-JB prostyle, JB superlink,Fox/Axis shocks, MXP head, MXP cam, Crf ignition
motoracer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
Hello,

I have a 2007 450ER and the reduction gear B went out on the starter assembly. Expecting to have to take out the starter clutch, i took the clutch plates out. I replaced the reduction gear and was able to once again turn over the motor. I marked them(te tops of the fiber plates, but it seems like the presure plate isn't going down onto the discs when fully torqed down. Is it possible for the rod to not be seated correctly and subsequently the needle bearing holder to be pushing the pressure plate out too much? i haven't wanted to break open the left side to find out just yet. I wanted to ask here if any of you have experienced this before. Also, i looked at the clutch install guide sticky, but it seems like to presure plate is so much further from the fiber plate on mine than the guide shows it to be.

tnx

trevor[/b]
Are you sure the presure plate has lined up correctly with the inner clutch hub.
It locates into the inner cluch hub. Take it off and have a look. It sounds like your problem to me.
05 TRX450r. HRC Kit. Alba exhaust. K&N with adaptor. Athena 480 kit. 175 MJ. Skimmed (12.2.1) and ported head. KW valve springs. Dyna programmable ignition. Clutch mod. Nerf bars. Ac skid plate. Alba front bumper. PEP steering Damper. GT thunder rear link and revalve. Tag hi rise bars. Acrebis handguards. Alba flames graphics. Pro design kill switch. ITP Baja rims. Plus a few other odds and ends.
SLIDING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

I figured it out. The clutch lever was fully depressed. I cloesed it and all of the plates and snapped together.

Thanks!
nintool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement