cutting out or bogging at full throttle - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2005, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Hey guys, I just installed my 13:5:1 piston and man did it impove this thing.......anyway, i have a 180 main, 52 pilot, stock needle on 4th clip and duncan full exhaust with k&n with ow and no air box lid. I let it idle for a while and putted around on it for a while today then this evening i took it down the road and when i hit the rev limiter it would bog or almost cut out, sounds weird, nothing like when it was stock. If you have it in neutral and rev it up to hit the rev limiter it does the same thing. Just seeing if you know what is wrong, maybe too rich? maybe to lean? dono.....i am running sunoco 110 octance race gas also.
mxracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2005, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
450R Veteran

More than likely, rich. When the main is rich on a 450R, the bike will cut out in the top end - the more rich it is, the lower in the RPM band it will start cutting out.

What main were you running before the piston install? If all you changed was the piston (from stock to high comp), then you will need to jet more lean.
86atc250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
300EX Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Feb 12 2005, 02:20 AM
More than likely, rich.* * When the main is rich on a 450R, the bike will cut out in the top end - the more rich it is, the lower in the RPM band it will start cutting out.

What main were you running before the piston install? If all you changed was the piston (from stock to high comp), then you will need to jet more lean.
<div align="right">
[/quote]

Then why do i have to go rich on pilot? And what about head work ( polishing,unshrouded valves) in conjunction with 13:1, does this theory still hold true?
hammer450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
250EX Rider

I dont know if this will help ,but I went down from the HRC kit 185 to a 170 and it helped a lot ,try it out and see what you think,good luck I love the HC piston best mod I have done ,now if only DR.D whould hurry up with that header pipe!
HRC Cam
Lectron 44HV Carb/with Alky
Rossier Engineering Shorty Exhaust
K&N AIR Filter & Prefilter The mighty DD Filter
FMF Shock Covers
DG Front Bumper
For Her
Honda TRX250EX
Special Thanks to The OLDMAN ,Kam And Mixxer!
theblackone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by 05honda450rblack+Feb 12 2005, 09:35 AM-->
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer450r@Feb 12 2005, 05:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-86atc250r
Quote:
Quote:
@Feb 12 2005, 02:20 AM
More than likely, rich.* * When the main is rich on a 450R, the bike will cut out in the top end - the more rich it is, the lower in the RPM band it will start cutting out.

What main were you running before the piston install?** If all you changed was the piston (from stock to high comp), then you will need to jet more lean.
<div align="right">

Then why do i have to go rich on pilot? And what about head work ( polishing,unshrouded valves) in conjunction with 13:1, does this theory still hold true?
<div align="right">

[/quote]

due a plug check.Put in a new spark plug run down the street pind full till about 4 gear let it rev out complete in every gear then hit the kil switch and pill in the cluch. let it cost to a complete stop.get off the bike and check the spark plug if it is too black your rich rember you want it too be a little black and if there is no color on the plug you leanr jet up then too rich jet down.from what you are tell us it is too rich so jet down you will notice the improvement
<div align="right">
[/b][/quote]
Advertisement