TRX 450 ER turn over when hot and dont strat up.. - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gboezio

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

TRX 450 ER turn over when hot and dont strat up..

Hello, I'm new here and I needed help with my trx450er.
I've been having problems with my bike since I bought it, I bought it broken according to the old owner. It would have the stator broken, so I did a whole bike repair and i bought a new stator.
My father, putting the battery cables changed the polarity that burned the fuse, i put right the cables and put a new fuse.
After I put the bike to work and she turn on first time without shock, everything works fine the lights and everything else, but when the bike heats up a bit and I turn it off, it does not start again, the maximum I drove was about 300 meters and then she died when I clutched the clutch and did not turn on more until get full cold , and it fails at highs RPM, when pass half throttle, it seems that chokes .. the bike is original, took new spark, cleaning in the carburetor for 2 times, new battery, stator as said and cleaning in the tank.
According to the former owner he rebuilt The whole engine putting new clutch piston bearings and gaskets.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help.
Sorry for my bad english!! XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 07:36 PM
450R Rider

You will have to check what jets you have in the carb, main, pilot, needle (1 notch or many) and leak
List your mods too airbox cover or not, pipe, etc
Wilson Almeida likes this.

2008 TRX 450ER XC racing
FMSQ # 281
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gboezio View Post
You will have to check what jets you have in the carb, main, pilot, needle (1 notch or many) and leak
List your mods too airbox cover or not, pipe, etc
Thank you right away for the quick response, I'm not at home just returning tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that the jets are the originals but I will comfirm as soon as I have returned, the bike has the original exhaust without the muffler, an air filter Twin air and the original filter cover and i have a twist throttle not the original and the two cables from the stock one are united together is that a problem?and the sensor from the fan are broken i will get a new one too will that cause me trouble to start when hot?

The other day I have done some tests that I recorded and i am going put the links where the first one was with the airbox cover and then without the airbox cover and I noticed that without the airbox cover the bike works much better no bogging and I noticed that the Motorcycle after warming up a little if you turn it off and try to turn on again it does not reach spark to the spark plug..

with the airbox cover on bogging:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt8Z...ature=youtu.be

with out airbox cover no bogging:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3lnPrssKRw
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:39 PM
450R Rider

Stock exhaust without the insert, will make things a bit leaner.
Throttle wires are ok, the stuck gas safety switch is bypassed.
Fan sensor does nothing except turn on the fan, ground the wire to the engine block to get fan on all the time (and red light on lol)
Seem a bit rich since cover make it bog, I'm curious to see what kind of jets are in there.

On a side note, if you loose spark, you may have a cooked ignition coil on the stator
Mine wouldn't start cold, some fail hot, somefails at high throttle loading.
Remove gray plug and check all small wires for resistance to ground, should be infinite or megaohms, one to another somewhat close to 7, 34 and 34+7 ohms
Insulation is problematic, peak volts must be measured, I have made a DVA adapter recipe on this forum, DIY stator tester

2008 TRX 450ER XC racing
FMSQ # 281

Last edited by gboezio; 05-15-2017 at 10:47 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Sorry for the delay, I'm going to post a photo with the jets measurement and it's also marked the measurement of the needle slot counting from top to bottom:

i checked my stator does not have short to ground in the Yellow cables and the resistance between them is 1.5, my battery is charging, when i start the engine in idle i get 13.5 volts is that right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18617996_1405016909556330_1933754144_o.jpg (132.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Wilson Almeida; 05-19-2017 at 07:32 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:29 AM
450R Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to duke416ex
Did you go with a new Honda stator? I know some people had trouble with aftermarket ones. Mine was doing the same thing when it went out. No start when hot and would just randomly die. Did you say you are running with no muffler?

04 450r
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 09:59 PM
450R Rider

You have a HRC jet kit, try to use the 3dr notch from the top of the needle, resistance of the ignition coil is white blue and black red wires, 7 ohms between wh/bl and 34 between wh and blk/red, infinite to ground. It just tells half the story, but it's the best you can do with a regular multimeter

2008 TRX 450ER XC racing
FMSQ # 281
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page