About to sell 07 450r - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

About to sell 07 450r

After completely tearing down and putting my 07 450 back together I finally got to ride it the other day, it was great, went very well. Then I went to ride it yesterday and all of the sudden the electric start wouldn't work out of no where, all I got was a buzzing sound from the seleniod. Figured the battery may have died so I used the kick start instead and went riding for an hour. Got back home and it still wouldn't start using the e start. Road around a little more and then let it sit at idle and all of the sudden it shut off real hard, as if you would have stalled it taking off. Fired it back up with the kicker and road for another five mins and did the same thing again.

So I removed the batt. Cover and some of the connections on the seloniod were loose so I figured oh that must be it. Nope still nothing but the buzzing. I have 12v at the battery, seloniod, and contenuety in the positive to battery cable. When I hit the start button I have no volts to the starter itself though. All lights and everything else work fine. What am I missing I checked over everything making sure it was perfect before putting this thing back together, spent countless hours and money on it and every time I ride it I have an issue haha. Some one know what I should check next? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Anyone? I don't think it's the starter becuase of the odd random shut down while idling?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 12:07 PM
300EX Rider

It probably was shutting down because the loose connections at the fuse by the battery box change the solenoid and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 trx450er
FCI intake
DASA classic exhaust
Stage 2 hotcam
HC piston
Green wire mod
Lowered 2 inches al the way around
PRO TAPER fatty bars
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Replaced seleniod and it's still doing the same thing.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:31 AM
TRX90 Rider

A good way to check if it's a fuse or solenoid is to use jumper cables and touch the positive side of the battery to the starter. If it spins the starter, problem is either fuse, solenoid, or bad ground. If starter doesn't spin, could be the starter. I had a similar issue and replaced the solenoid with a cheap eBay one that broke closed and tried cranking my quad when with the key off. The 2nd one I bought didn't work at all. So I bought an OEM one and worked fine after that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 AM
TRX90 Rider

This is why i got a kick start lol
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:18 PM
TRX90 Rider

how many volts are at your battery with the starter button pushed trying to start??
Buzzing solenoid is 99.9% of the time from a dead battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page