Honda TRX 450R banner

Exhaust fit

9K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  spewitt 
#1 ·
Will an 05 dasa fit on an 07???

#5 ·
No I haven't, and I haven't tried to fit a waterbed in my ear either, because it doesn't fit.

I have seen this situation countless times, somebody buys an 04-05 exhaust for their 06+ or a 06+ for their 04-05 and they think it's a great world conspiracy that all exhaust manufacturers wanted to make a different exhaust and part numbers for both generations when secretly they are all the same and you are going to prove everybody wrong. Do a search. They don't fit. If you want to make it fit, for go for it. It's hard enough to get a proper tight fit and seal at the head with an exhaust that fits right, a whole different situation when the header is at a different angle and the mounting points are different.

#7 ·
This is an idea. Not saying it will work, but it's something I thought of. Call Dasa and see if the 06+ head pipe with mate up the the 04/05 mid pipe. If so, buy the 06+ head pipe and go from there. If not, sell it and get a system for your year bike.

Stay frosty

#13 ·
I have a question

Why did you ask if it will fit?
You got seven answers 5 saying it would not or at least it wouldn't fit properly and two replys not making a claim to fitment either way, so 100% of the answers you got said I doesn't fit right, so why ask when you clearly had your mind made up before you started.

Yes you got it on, but I can also install a course thread nut on a fine thread bolt.

#14 ·
I want pics of the pipe at the head, proof it's for a second gen 450, and I want to hear it running with no exhaust leak. So many guys have tried this and given up and bought the right pipe because it wouldn't work. I remember one member (can't remember his name) that bent the crap out of his head pipe and got it to kind of fit but he still had a leak at the head. I have a very hard time believing you simply bolted on the wrong pipe and it works perfectly.

#18 ·
Hoser, your and my idea of fit are different then others, you and I wand a headpipe the bolts flush with the head, clears the frame and is not bound up with pressure when being used.
Others are happy with a exhaust that rubs the frame, has a head pipe that sit at an angle and will probably leak and fail sooner because it's in a bind when tightened down.

#19 ·
I'll with you on this one, hawk-trx. I'm really picky when it comes to parts and how they fit, especially exhaust. And so far, I've been pleased with my CT Racing exhaust. Fits great, doesn't leak, doesn't rub the frame, great flow, I think it looks cool and it's tunable via the discs (my favorite part). But man, it is rough getting the head pipe to separate from the mid pipe and back on. But I'll continue to fight it as long it doesn't leak.

Stay frosty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.