Dasa installed! - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
300EX Rider

[attachment=20940:DSC01214cut.jpg][attachment=20938:DSC01218cut.jpg][attachment=20939:DSC01218cut.jpg]Well, I got the Dasa in today, really loved the look, and sound! I did immediately loctite all the screws though, after my whole big gun experience!. The jetting didn't seem too off, I just revved it. I will take it out tomorrow. I did look at the Needle, and sure enough the OEM was back in so the place I got it jetted at last time kept my needle! I am gonna have to get the HRC jet kit again.

I looked at the plug, and it was slightly black, the last time I looked at it it was a nice brown. I duuno if this is from the harsh riding I did at Dumont on Prez weekend, or if it is running rich since I put the Dasa on. I don't think it ran long enough to actually change the color of the plug. Looks like I will have to start from scratch on this jetting thing. At least when I do it myself this time, I will know exactly where I am at. Here's pics. Also thanks to Tyler (Killerquad) for hooking me up the the Hipers and GNCC's in the pics! You rock dude!!

Fast when towed by buddy......

greylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Lookin good
05 450r- Venom Piston- Mixxer Magic- Kibble White- Dynatek- HC2- Pulse Charger- GT Thunder
Sheepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Location: Monterey, California. no where near a good place to ride...
Send a message via AIM to quadking450r Send a message via MSN to quadking450r Send a message via Yahoo to quadking450r

sparky checks arnt the end all be all 100% correct sure fire way to know if your on or off w/ jetting.

theres my jet specs below. if your motor is all stock, then run the same jetting as me, thats what dan suggested.

P.S. Looks way sick. i still like the silver cans though
quadking450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
300EX Rider

Thanks guys! I am not stock, HRC kit, and K&N, and that is it on the motor, I am gonna ride it tomorrow, and see where I am.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Send a message via AIM to killerquad

NICE ...
#710 - M. Tyler Moore : 2010 GNCC "Junior B" / IXC "B-26+

*** RETIRED Until Moral Improves ***

2008 TRX450R

Life Time SPONSORS --> Dreyer Honda INDY WEST / Moore Performance Racing Products / GT THUNDER - HLS / FASST Co. / ReKluse / Hiper Tech. / Precision RP / Rath / Houser Racing / Dumonde TECH Lubes / Chop Racing ...
killerquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
450R Racer

Send a message via MSN to Ripper Send a message via Yahoo to Ripper

That looks purdy!

You'll love the added power!

And yes, Tyler is hard to beat when it comes to the hiper's. Great service and prices!!!

I'd have to say that of all the sites I visit, (yes I'm a site jumper) this one has the best sponsors!!!
The #1 source for custom streetfighter parts.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
250EX Rider

i put my dasa on on wednesday but i have been waiting to turn the darn thing on because of the crf needle that i have to wait for from my local dealer, only placed that could get it from and it is the place that people told me to stay away from....it looks fast just sitting in the garage jajajaja but i can't wait for the needle...dan recomended a crf needle or hrc needle, with a 170 main, and 45 pilot with 1 1/2 to 2 turn on the a/f screw
rejetted
warning stickers off
parking brake off
ITP sand star v paddles
and best of all....Choke sticker is off for better areodynamics......my lil secret
Quote:
Opinions on cams are like buttholes, everyone has em.
Quote:
The darn thing dont wanna run with this butt plug stuck up it's arse!
Quote:
This thing runs like a raped ape
jninedy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

I also was a victim of thse Big Goon pipes I also have had called in about those notorious screws at the end of the end caps let this be a lesson to all of you that are thinking of purchasing a Big Goon exhaust you also will be on the phne calling their customer service because that pipe is falling apart and the company wont stand behind their product, thats just my 2 cents.
aztecgwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Location: Monterey, California. no where near a good place to ride...
Send a message via AIM to quadking450r Send a message via MSN to quadking450r Send a message via Yahoo to quadking450r

dasa bolts don't come out... so i never have hada problem, and Im super happy with the performance, fit, finish, and craftsmenship. this pipe is perfect, save for the writing on the pipe, otherwise, it's an awesome exhaust pipe and i love the **** thing. sounds like no other pipe out there, most pipes sound the same at distance but standing next to them they sound diff... the dasa isn't like that, it sounds different all the time from any pipe ive ever heard on the dunes & trails. it barks rather then growls. I love this **** pipe, and it has hands down the sickest end cap ever....
quadking450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
dasa bolts don't come out... so i never have hada problem, and Im super happy with the performance, fit, finish, and craftsmenship. this pipe is perfect, save for the writing on the pipe, otherwise, it's an awesome exhaust pipe and i love the **** thing. sounds like no other pipe out there, most pipes sound the same at distance but standing next to them they sound diff... the dasa isn't like that, it sounds different all the time from any pipe ive ever heard on the dunes & trails. it barks rather then growls. I love this **** pipe, and it has hands down the sickest end cap ever....[/b]
i agree with everything, i saw it at the dunes and i loved the sound and it was louder and different than any other (since i have not used my pipe yet) and it looks sweet on my quad and i love the end cap, some of my friends don't like the end cap but i love it
rejetted
warning stickers off
parking brake off
ITP sand star v paddles
and best of all....Choke sticker is off for better areodynamics......my lil secret
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2007, 01:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BATCH450r Send a message via MSN to BATCH450r Send a message via Yahoo to BATCH450r

how much and whered u get it and how long to get?

siiiiiiiick i need one of those. im too excited about all the fuss and really wanna get a DASA and see what she does out in the wide open desert Yoshi for sale
BATCH450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Solid Gold DASA500R!

it would be a nice step up from that yosh for sure.

looking good grey!
Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terribly destructive process. Moreover, even when the destructive effects of their work become patently clear, and they are asked to carry out actions incompatible with fundamental standards of morality, relatively few people have the resources needed to resists. -Milgram

R.I.P. Jesse aka Jay Dash you were a great friend for sure! and always will be
badinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
300EX Rider

Thanks guys for the comments. I think the reason my plug was black was because I had too much K&N oil on my filter. I think this is why it was initially blacker looking after Dumont. I cleaned it all of and put a light coat on it. When I went riding on Sat, I was thouroughly impressed with the DASA! The sound is BAD A**, and the look is sick! I could tell a difference in the mid range, and top end the most. My throttle response was nice and crisp, pulled hard as **** all the way through, the only thing I noticed was, if you stalled out, it was tricky to start back up (I had to just barely twist the throttle a millimeter to get it to start)

It was like that before, so I'm not really worried about that.

If it is running good now with the stock neede in, how much of a difference will it make if I get another HRC needle since the stealership robbed me and put it in then rejet?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
how much and whered u get it and how long to get?

siiiiiiiick i need one of those. im too excited about all the fuss and really wanna get a DASA and see what she does out in the wide open desert Yoshi for sale [/b]
i got mine at www.fuelatv.com for $485 shipped and i only waited 4 days to get it to my door
rejetted
warning stickers off
parking brake off
ITP sand star v paddles
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
gdt
250EX Rider

I waited forever to get mine, but finally did. Love the exhaust, the stock needle will set you back, and HRC or CRF needle will really make it snap. Only issue is NO spark arrestor, I live in AZ so that is kind of important. Currently trying to get some ideas for that with no hpor tq hits.
gdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement