R&D Flex Jet - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By spewitt

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

R&D Flex Jet

For those of you that have/had the R&D flex jet, did y'all find it hard to tune the idle? I have one and it seems that I'm always adjusting the idle. From what I can remember, it's only been like that since I've installed it. I just adjusted the valves, new seals and o-rings in the carb and it idles like I have a air leak some where. I replaced the boots on both sides of carb. It's good one minute and off the next. I'm at a lost here. Was wondering if anybody else has had the same issue.

06ER
CT Racing exhaust (running 10 discs instead of 12)
K&N filter with outerwear
Open air box
HC2
APE head with SS valves
R&D power bowl 2
162 MJ

Thanks​ in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:09 AM
That One Mod

Send a message via AIM to ghott Send a message via MSN to ghott
Are you sure its an issue with the flexjet? Just wondering if the issue persists if you replace the flex jet with an OEM a/f screw?

Gary
My 04/05 Honda TRX450R Site

(^^^TRX450R tech articles, dyno testing, pics, vids, and more)

| '04 Racers Edge, AZ - WV #304 Bike...649cc Business Flat Dragger|
| '05 Racers Edge, AZ - Little Bike...450cc Play Flat Dragger|
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghott View Post
Are you sure its an issue with the flexjet? Just wondering if the issue persists if you replace the flex jet with an OEM a/f screw?
I'm thinking I'm being too neat picky when it comes to the idle. I'm not much of a carb guy, will not since my old 400EX back in high school. I played with it all week from putting different pilot jets in it, OEM fuel screw, checking for air leaks, spark plug, you name it just to pretty much end up back to where I started. Couple riding buddies said it's idling fine/right. Starts fine, hot or cold. Doesn't pop on deceleration (don't know if the disc system has something to do with it). Only other factor is me. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Thanks for the reply though.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM
TRX90 Rider

I installed my flex jet about 2 weeks ago and have no problems with idle. Stupid question, you did install it (Spring, washer, and o ring on the tip right? i have seen people pot the o ring under the washer and that will cause a leak.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
TRX90 Rider

Yes, in that order. What I think happened, you made me think of this, is that when I replaced all the seals and o-rings in the carb last year, I put too small of an o-ring on the flex jet that caused an air leak that I chased for months (and I mean months) before I said screw it and replaced all the boots, seals and o-rings again. Air leak went away after that but I think it scarred me to the point that if the idle is slightly off, I freak out.

Morris33 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page