Whats the best Chain and sprocket kit? - Page 2 - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
450R Rider

Ok I was just makin sure that non-sealed chain wasn't gonna see any water or dirt..
derek_thompson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_thompson24 View Post
Sidewinder Ti sprockets are guaranteed for life. You just have to get over the price. If you think about it, it makes sense to use their product at the end of the day. I run DID chains. The Gold X-Ring ATV Chain lasted me 5-6 years the first time. That includes running 3 sets of new sprockets on the same chain. I just bought my second one..
i agree, i just bought sidewinder Titanium II front and rear sprockets, lifetime warranty. my last chain was the DID 520 X ring an it lasted me 6 years. i went with the sidewinder chain this time with the sprockets but not sure what to think of their chains. they say they are the strongest but i can see anything being better than the DID 520 X ring

if you ride a lot and are keeping the same bike for a long time the sidewinder Titanium II will pay for its self over time
Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
Ok I was just makin sure that non-sealed chain wasn't gonna see any water or dirt..
really hey?! Thanks for pointing that out man, I wont be getting that chain then because I do ride through alot of water/dirt, would this be better?

Pro Taper Chain And Steel Sprocket Kit | MotoSport

• Manufactured in Germany to the strictest standards.
  • Revolutionary "Diamond-Cut" teeth are 25% harder resulting in longer life.
  • Exclusive KTL coating for long lasting finish.
  • High strength 460 steel.
INCLUDES:
  • ProTaper® front sprocket
  • ProTaper® steel rear sprocket
  • DID 520 Standard Chain

TRX 450ER

HRC Kit/K&N
Moose Racing Nerf bars
Sunstar Sprockets 13/38
Magura Hydraulic Clutch
Pro Armour Front Bumper/Grab Bar
Rear Razr 2's
TRX 450 2004 - 2009 Free Service Manual:

http://www.4shared.com/office/MGBLeN...ce_Manual.html

trx450ryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
450R Rider

Good kit for the price but I'd buy sunstar steels or sidewinder Ti's and a DID Xring.. that DID standard chain isnt something I'd recommend. But will work for you.

BTW I've been rocking protaper sprockets for 2 seasons now and they hold up good. But sidewinder is gettin my next paycheque.
derek_thompson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
Good kit for the price but I'd buy sunstar steels or sidewinder Ti's and a DID Xring.. that DID standard chain isnt something I'd recommend. But will work for you.

BTW I've been rocking protaper sprockets for 2 seasons now and they hold up good. But sidewinder is gettin my next paycheque.
Interesting, I'm willing to pay the extra dollar for a nicer chain! I appreciate the advice too!

Im now looking at this

DID 520 Vx2 X-ring Chain - 120 Links Black | MotoSport

And sunstar front/rear sprocket

http://www.motosport.com/atv/SUNSTAR-FRONT-SPROCKET

Sunstar Steel Rear Sprocket | MotoSport

For a total of $160

TRX 450ER

HRC Kit/K&N
Moose Racing Nerf bars
Sunstar Sprockets 13/38
Magura Hydraulic Clutch
Rear Razr 2's

Old 02-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
450R Rider

I do mostly trail riding and my chain is always covered in mud/sand/dirt/clay. Never had a problem here. Just a tip, you want to change the sprockets and the chain at the same time, which is what you're doing. Smart move. Just get what you want, i dont see the need to spend extra dough for a name. It's true you get what you pay for, but... it's just a chain lol. What are you gonna do for other or next upgrades?

"So the difference between a mild bike vs a crazy ass build is money "
"Warning: Trolls territory may arise. Proceed with caution, and please, do not feed the troll."

bvet4dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
400EX Rider

Quote:
Sidewinder Ti sprockets are guaranteed for life. You just have to get over the price. If you think about it, it makes sense to use their product at the end of the day. I run DID chains. The Gold X-Ring ATV Chain lasted me 5-6 years the first time. That includes running 3 sets of new sprockets on the same chain. I just bought my second one..

My Ti Sprockets and Sidewinder chain lasted a whole half season. I reported the chain snapping and they said I must have installed the chain wrong. When I became a dealer for them three out of the four kits I purchased snapped in some way within the first year.

Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com
m
KB Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvet4dog View Post
I do mostly trail riding and my chain is always covered in mud/sand/dirt/clay. Never had a problem here. Just a tip, you want to change the sprockets and the chain at the same time, which is what you're doing. Smart move. Just get what you want, i dont see the need to spend extra dough for a name. It's true you get what you pay for, but... it's just a chain lol. What are you gonna do for other or next upgrades?
hah true enough, and thanks man, I may just go with the Chain/sprocket kit, and appearance wise, I'm planning on buying a Pro armour front buper, blingstar grab bar, shock-covers and all new plastics, the 450 in my sig is not mine, i wish lol the 07 450er I have only has a HRC kit, the original owner claimed he put a high compression wesco piston in it, but Im going to have to perform a compression test to figure out weather thats true or not. I got a great deal on it, and I'm willing to put some serious money into it!

But im noob when it comes to these engines, and Im not exactly sure what would be the best thing to do performance wise, it has a stock exhaust, but it has some sort of aftermarket baffle in it, because its loud as ****! lol

TRX 450ER

HRC Kit/K&N
Moose Racing Nerf bars
Sunstar Sprockets 13/38
Magura Hydraulic Clutch
Rear Razr 2's

Last edited by trx450ryda; 02-17-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
450R Rider

Hrc kit + full exhaust is the best bang for the buck. Sounds like you're doing what i did for my toy. First thing i did was everything in my sig. I kind of wished i had hrc kit + full exhaust system right now lol. I'm a noob to motors too :) We have to start from somewhere right?

"Warning: Trolls territory may arise. Proceed with caution, and please, do not feed the troll."

Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
Hrc kit + full exhaust is the best bang for the buck. Sounds like you're doing what i did for my toy. First thing i did was everything in my sig. I kind of wished i had hrc kit + full exhaust system right now lol. I'm a noob to motors too :) We have to start from somewhere right?
nice! and true that also, one more question, do you run premium gas? or race fuel? and have you ever bothered using octane boost? or is it not necessary unless were running a high compression piston?

Thanks for the reply man!

TRX 450ER

HRC Kit/K&N
Moose Racing Nerf bars
Sunstar Sprockets 13/38
Magura Hydraulic Clutch
Rear Razr 2's

Old 02-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
450R Rider

Send a message via MSN to oneill_1952

D.I.D chain and JT steel sprockets
Old 02-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
450R Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx450ryda View Post
nice! and true that also, one more question, do you run premium gas? or race fuel? and have you ever bothered using octane boost? or is it not necessary unless were running a high compression piston?

Thanks for the reply man!
I just use premium gas. you're right, only reason why you'd need to use race gas is if you're doing a serious build. I dont put any fluids in mixing with my gas unless if it's a marine stabl.

np man, ask away! that's what this form is for, exchanging information and passing it around. :)

Old 03-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
I just use premium gas. you're right, only reason why you'd need to use race gas is if you're doing a serious build. I dont put any fluids in mixing with my gas unless if it's a marine stabl.

np man, ask away! that's what this form is for, exchanging information and passing it around. :)
Well said, thanks man

Ive decided to go with the Sunstar Steel front/rear sprockets 13/38

also a 520 ATV DID X-Ring Chain, thats for all the input guys!

TRX 450ER

HRC Kit/K&N
Moose Racing Nerf bars
Sunstar Sprockets 13/38
Magura Hydraulic Clutch
Rear Razr 2's

Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

My sprocket went out on me this past weekend and which took off my stock case saver. MY quad if stock for now, so would the Sidewinder Titanium II sprocket and the DID 520 X ring chain be my best bang for the buck. I dont wanna have to worry about this for a while so I rather spend a lil more for reliable parts. Also I will be getting the moose case saver. Where do you guys find the those parts because i couldnt find them on rockeymountainatv.
------A Little Extra Stuff---------
Red Shock Covers, Wrapped Exhaust
Quik450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Rk chain with vortex sprockets have been the nest combo so far for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement