Fuel Injected! - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
250EX Rider

The newest dirt wheels is saying that the next 450R is going to have fuel injection, an aluminum frame, and all new suspension. Page 10...
jstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
fast 450r

i dont trust what magazines say. its prolly just what they hope will happen. and i dont want efi or an aluminum frame.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
400EX Rider

Send a message via MSN to jhln8c

i hope they do what Yamaha did and make a normal model and the race model
Old 11-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
450R Rider

Send a message via AIM to motocrosser440ex

thats was a really good idea on yamaha's part.

06 lsr,pep,ac,itp mx 450r
motocrosser440ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Smile

Fuel injection sucks....Ill take a carb over efi anyday....I use to have a 1986 5.0 mustang that was carbed and would beat the **** out of the fuel injected stangs at norwalk in ohio...Dont get me wrong fuel injection is more of a linear power but not raw power like a carb....Mod for mod carb wins hands down....If everyone has noticed they are starting to do atv and dirtbikes like the newer cars and trucks...impossible to work on without special tools and a computer...they are tryin to stop the shadetree mechanic from being able to do your own work so you have to pay them to do it for you....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
450R Rider

Send a message via MSN to 480 bandit

I wouldnt mind the aluminum frame, but not EFI. Also by the seat of the pants weight, my R feels just as light as driving the new kawi aluminum fram or the DS 450 aluminum. I prefer the feel of the R. they all feel around the same weight, but the R has a better comfort position.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
400EX Rider

Quote:
I wouldnt mind the aluminum frame, but not EFI. Also by the seat of the pants weight, my R feels just as light as driving the new kawi aluminum fram or the DS 450 aluminum. I prefer the feel of the R. they all feel around the same weight, but the R has a better comfort position.[/b]

tell ya the truth i drove friends yfz, ltr, outlaw, and i love my honda i know you get used to it but still feel's the lightest and best all around comfort after my quad the yfz, and mine is way faster and i love my carb!
uni air filter
pro tapers with trailtech riser
ported head with hrc 04-05
elka elites lt
houser sli-cast +2.5
g-force axle
shadbehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
250EX Rider

If you love your carbs you better keep em cause there soon to be a thing of the past...Its a shame in my book......I think ill keep my carbed R forever...If you wanna try somethin new you can always buy new and keep old....Thats how I look at it...
Old 11-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
450R Veteran

We will see what happens, i am not 100% trustworthy od DW.

Carb and Steel frame 450R have been proven thus far, that why i love em :)

lumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Everybody says that honda is falling behind and getting left and how they've let everyone down for '09. Well here you go, heres some improvements, and look at how people respond...
jstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
450R Rider

Send a message via AIM to motocrosser440ex

Quote:
Fuel injection sucks....Ill take a carb over efi anyday....I use to have a 1986 5.0 mustang that was carbed and would beat the **** out of the fuel injected stangs at norwalk in ohio...Dont get me wrong fuel injection is more of a linear power but not raw power like a carb....Mod for mod carb wins hands down....If everyone has noticed they are starting to do atv and dirtbikes like the newer cars and trucks...impossible to work on without special tools and a computer...they are tryin to stop the shadetree mechanic from being able to do your own work so you have to pay them to do it for you....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/b]

thats why i love that im getting into this business..... but no in reality, i love carbs and wish they would stay away from EFI. i no longer fear it like i use to BUT why mess with something that works? you are right in the fact that they manufacturers no longer want people working on their own machines which is a real shame because thats part of the passion. thats how i started.......

06 lsr,pep,ac,itp mx 450r
motocrosser440ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
250EX Rider

Quote:
Everybody says that honda is falling behind and getting left and how they've let everyone down for '09. Well here you go, heres some improvements, and look at how people respond...[/b]
I dont think anyone is responding negatively just giving there opinion and furthermore we all must like Honda cause we own them...Simple fact im trying to point out is a carb will beat efi hands down mod for mod.....If you like efi no one is bashing it just merely pointing out there likes and dislikes....When my project R is done bring on the efi and ill prove to anyone mod for mod that the efi isnt all its cracked up to be and thats with any dealer...Ive seen it to many times at car wars/street car shootouts...Ive also seen people at the track with efi get smoked by carb cars and within months have converted from efi to a carb just to keep up...This is in drag racing 1/4 mile....Efi would probably win in a long run but not in a drag race....To me there is no difference from a car efi to an atv efi....Same set up in the way they perform and what you can do to it unless in the last year they have come out with a different type of efi I havent heard of and I doubt they have....Just tryin to point out my experience with carb vs efi...Just my 2cents
Old 11-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Dunno. Honda is still 2/3 of the GNCC top 10 just how it is. I don't see how theyre falling behind.
Tom Hartman #13
Class: XC1 Pro

04 Honda 450r
--------------------
Hotcams Stage 2 Cam Sparks Clutch JE 11.5:1 Piston Hot Rods Crank Port and Polish HMF Full Exhaust System Open Air Box/UNI Filter Laeger's Pro Series XC LT A-Arms Fox Float X DSC Evols GT Thunder Rear Shock/XC Linkage Fasst Co. Flexx Handlebars Walsh +1 Steering Stem Walsh Anti-Vib Clamps Pro Armor Tether Kill-Switch Streamline Dual Extended Brake Lines Powermadd Handguards ASV Clutch Perch and Lever Oury Grips HMF Full Exhaust System Lonestar Racing +4 Extended Axle Denton Rebuildable Steering Stabilizer Blingstar DC Bumper Rath Racing Nerfs w/net heelguards Hiper Tech Rear Racing Wheels (9x9) Hiper Tech Rear Mudcaps Razr2 Front Tires (21”) Razr Rear Tires (20”) Quadtech Hood Quadtech Racing Graphics Kit/Seat Cover Tag Racing Skid Plate/Chain Guard KTM Gas Cap Breather Modquad Casesaver Trick Racing Number Plates Nac’s Racing Block off Sunstar Front/Rear Sprockets D.I.D Racing 520 O-Ring Chain Moose Racing Front/Rear Pads
Honda_450r_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
YamaWho?

Send a message via AIM to wishiwerfishinn

I think it'll be cool for another change on the bikes, kinda like from the 04-05 models to the 06-09 models it'll make what we have harder to find and make them more unique.

Im ready for a fully revamped trx450r.

carb's will never EVER be a thing of the past so i dont see any reason to worry, if your worried about cost, just sell the EFI unit and buy you a nice carb, im sure you'll be able to get some good money out of em.

just like how you can pretty much build a brand new honda trx250r from aftermarket parts, the options will always be there.

Quote:
you picked the wrong hobby if you want to keep money in your wallet.
wishiwerfishinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
400EX Rider

Quote:
I think it'll be cool for another change on the bikes, kinda like from the 04-05 models to the 06-09 models it'll make what we have harder to find and make them more unique.

Im ready for a fully revamped trx450r.

carb's will never EVER be a thing of the past so i dont see any reason to worry, if your worried about cost, just sell the EFI unit and buy you a nice carb, im sure you'll be able to get some good money out of em.

just like how you can pretty much build a brand new honda trx250r from aftermarket parts, the options will always be there.[/b]
i thought the new ktm went back to carb? don't that telly you something
uni air filter
pro tapers with trailtech riser
ported head with hrc 04-05
elka elites lt
houser sli-cast +2.5
g-force axle
shadbehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement