Fuel Injected! - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
250EX Rider
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 376
Default

The newest dirt wheels is saying that the next 450R is going to have fuel injection, an aluminum frame, and all new suspension. Page 10...
jstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
fast 450r
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i dont trust what magazines say. its prolly just what they hope will happen. and i dont want efi or an aluminum frame.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
400EX Rider
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,020
Send a message via MSN to jhln8c
Default

i hope they do what Yamaha did and make a normal model and the race model
__________________
"Pin it to WIN it"
jhln8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
450R Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: kingston ny
Posts: 2,269
Send a message via AIM to motocrosser440ex
Default

thats was a really good idea on yamaha's part.
__________________
Matt
AKA shorty



06 lsr,pep,ac,itp mx 450r
motocrosser440ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
250EX Rider
 
VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lexington,Ky
Posts: 148
Smile

Fuel injection sucks....Ill take a carb over efi anyday....I use to have a 1986 5.0 mustang that was carbed and would beat the **** out of the fuel injected stangs at norwalk in ohio...Dont get me wrong fuel injection is more of a linear power but not raw power like a carb....Mod for mod carb wins hands down....If everyone has noticed they are starting to do atv and dirtbikes like the newer cars and trucks...impossible to work on without special tools and a computer...they are tryin to stop the shadetree mechanic from being able to do your own work so you have to pay them to do it for you....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
450R Rider
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sudbury Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,111
Send a message via MSN to 480 bandit
Default

I wouldnt mind the aluminum frame, but not EFI. Also by the seat of the pants weight, my R feels just as light as driving the new kawi aluminum fram or the DS 450 aluminum. I prefer the feel of the R. they all feel around the same weight, but the R has a better comfort position.
__________________
Finally got another 450R!!!!
480 bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
400EX Rider
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 1,387
Default

Quote:
I wouldnt mind the aluminum frame, but not EFI. Also by the seat of the pants weight, my R feels just as light as driving the new kawi aluminum fram or the DS 450 aluminum. I prefer the feel of the R. they all feel around the same weight, but the R has a better comfort position.[/b]

tell ya the truth i drove friends yfz, ltr, outlaw, and i love my honda i know you get used to it but still feel's the lightest and best all around comfort after my quad the yfz, and mine is way faster and i love my carb!
__________________
11-5:1 wiseco piston
full white bros. exhaust
Douglas beadlocks all around.
uni air filter
pro tapers with trailtech riser
ported head with hrc 04-05
elka elites lt
houser sli-cast +2.5
g-force axle
shadbehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
250EX Rider
 
VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lexington,Ky
Posts: 148
Default

If you love your carbs you better keep em cause there soon to be a thing of the past...Its a shame in my book......I think ill keep my carbed R forever...If you wanna try somethin new you can always buy new and keep old....Thats how I look at it...
VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
450R Veteran
 
lumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,242
Default

We will see what happens, i am not 100% trustworthy od DW.

Carb and Steel frame 450R have been proven thus far, that why i love em :)
__________________
2006 TRX450ER
2009 BMW M5

lumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
250EX Rider
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 376
Default

Everybody says that honda is falling behind and getting left and how they've let everyone down for '09. Well here you go, heres some improvements, and look at how people respond...
jstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
450R Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: kingston ny
Posts: 2,269
Send a message via AIM to motocrosser440ex
Default

Quote:
Fuel injection sucks....Ill take a carb over efi anyday....I use to have a 1986 5.0 mustang that was carbed and would beat the **** out of the fuel injected stangs at norwalk in ohio...Dont get me wrong fuel injection is more of a linear power but not raw power like a carb....Mod for mod carb wins hands down....If everyone has noticed they are starting to do atv and dirtbikes like the newer cars and trucks...impossible to work on without special tools and a computer...they are tryin to stop the shadetree mechanic from being able to do your own work so you have to pay them to do it for you....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/b]

thats why i love that im getting into this business..... but no in reality, i love carbs and wish they would stay away from EFI. i no longer fear it like i use to BUT why mess with something that works? you are right in the fact that they manufacturers no longer want people working on their own machines which is a real shame because thats part of the passion. thats how i started.......
__________________
Matt
AKA shorty



06 lsr,pep,ac,itp mx 450r
motocrosser440ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
250EX Rider
 
VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lexington,Ky
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Everybody says that honda is falling behind and getting left and how they've let everyone down for '09. Well here you go, heres some improvements, and look at how people respond...[/b]
I dont think anyone is responding negatively just giving there opinion and furthermore we all must like Honda cause we own them...Simple fact im trying to point out is a carb will beat efi hands down mod for mod.....If you like efi no one is bashing it just merely pointing out there likes and dislikes....When my project R is done bring on the efi and ill prove to anyone mod for mod that the efi isnt all its cracked up to be and thats with any dealer...Ive seen it to many times at car wars/street car shootouts...Ive also seen people at the track with efi get smoked by carb cars and within months have converted from efi to a carb just to keep up...This is in drag racing 1/4 mile....Efi would probably win in a long run but not in a drag race....To me there is no difference from a car efi to an atv efi....Same set up in the way they perform and what you can do to it unless in the last year they have come out with a different type of efi I havent heard of and I doubt they have....Just tryin to point out my experience with carb vs efi...Just my 2cents
VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider
 
Honda_450r_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 38
Default

Dunno. Honda is still 2/3 of the GNCC top 10 just how it is. I don't see how theyre falling behind.
__________________
Tom Hartman #13
Class: XC1 Pro

04 Honda 450r
--------------------
Hotcams Stage 2 Cam Sparks Clutch JE 11.5:1 Piston Hot Rods Crank Port and Polish HMF Full Exhaust System Open Air Box/UNI Filter Laeger's Pro Series XC LT A-Arms Fox Float X DSC Evols GT Thunder Rear Shock/XC Linkage Fasst Co. Flexx Handlebars Walsh +1 Steering Stem Walsh Anti-Vib Clamps Pro Armor Tether Kill-Switch Streamline Dual Extended Brake Lines Powermadd Handguards ASV Clutch Perch and Lever Oury Grips HMF Full Exhaust System Lonestar Racing +4 Extended Axle Denton Rebuildable Steering Stabilizer Blingstar DC Bumper Rath Racing Nerfs w/net heelguards Hiper Tech Rear Racing Wheels (9x9) Hiper Tech Rear Mudcaps Razr2 Front Tires (21”) Razr Rear Tires (20”) Quadtech Hood Quadtech Racing Graphics Kit/Seat Cover Tag Racing Skid Plate/Chain Guard KTM Gas Cap Breather Modquad Casesaver Trick Racing Number Plates Nac’s Racing Block off Sunstar Front/Rear Sprockets D.I.D Racing 520 O-Ring Chain Moose Racing Front/Rear Pads
Honda_450r_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
YamaWho?
 
wishiwerfishinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 1,487
Send a message via AIM to wishiwerfishinn
Default

I think it'll be cool for another change on the bikes, kinda like from the 04-05 models to the 06-09 models it'll make what we have harder to find and make them more unique.

Im ready for a fully revamped trx450r.

carb's will never EVER be a thing of the past so i dont see any reason to worry, if your worried about cost, just sell the EFI unit and buy you a nice carb, im sure you'll be able to get some good money out of em.

just like how you can pretty much build a brand new honda trx250r from aftermarket parts, the options will always be there.
__________________
When in doubt Pin it out!

Quote:
you picked the wrong hobby if you want to keep money in your wallet.
wishiwerfishinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
400EX Rider
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Shawano, WI
Posts: 1,387
Default

Quote:
I think it'll be cool for another change on the bikes, kinda like from the 04-05 models to the 06-09 models it'll make what we have harder to find and make them more unique.

Im ready for a fully revamped trx450r.

carb's will never EVER be a thing of the past so i dont see any reason to worry, if your worried about cost, just sell the EFI unit and buy you a nice carb, im sure you'll be able to get some good money out of em.

just like how you can pretty much build a brand new honda trx250r from aftermarket parts, the options will always be there.[/b]
i thought the new ktm went back to carb? don't that telly you something
__________________
11-5:1 wiseco piston
full white bros. exhaust
Douglas beadlocks all around.
uni air filter
pro tapers with trailtech riser
ported head with hrc 04-05
elka elites lt
houser sli-cast +2.5
g-force axle
shadbehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0