Honda TRX 450R banner

Top Speed Of Your Quad

118K views 180 replies 83 participants last post by  Nairba 
#1 ·
I want to know others 450s top speed since i finally got my top speed on saturday

05 450r (kick Star) with a pro circuit t4 full exhaust not jetted,

run on a street and i got 79.1mph almost 80

BTW i beat a 08 450er and 05 stock banshee that day :_specialED: :rock: :lol2:

Post it up if you know yours

#86 ·
95mph on a radar!!!!!!!!! 15 36 gearing. 305 if you go to labelle i will be there in a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!!
humm good to know.. i got 14 37 on mine....

how did you guys got your top speed calculated or measured? in a safe way please...

#8 ·
06 450er = I used a gps and was at 68mph. ( Stock gearing that I know of, I never counted teeth. )
03 660r = My friends stock Raptor only did 72mph.

I feel like my quad has more top end ever since I went dasa, HC 2, and no lid. Have not checked with GPS yet but I think I will on Wednesday.
I will report back. It def. pulls harder on the top but I think I have more.

I am gonna go to a 14/36 or 15/36, Ill report of course when I do that as well~! Need to get the sprockets and new chain first......

#11 ·
mine does about 67 or 70 this is just based on the teeth and the stock rated numbers so could be less or more i dropped a tooth in the front so i figure i lost about 5 miles per hour but i have true 20 inch tires not the 19 of the stock tires

#13 ·
95mph on a radar!!!!!!!!! 15 36 gearing. 305 if you go to labelle i will be there in a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Very Nice
[/b]

Im gonna say mine does around the same Speed, i was next to a harley at 150-160 kmh(94-100mph) thats the only base line i have as far as speed might have to pull out the gps, thats with 14 36 gearing and a dyna ign and rage built 480, might try a 15 some time, lol, the extra 1200 rpms helps out the top speed

Ry

#15 ·
i cann't remember my gearing at the time. but on the dyno it hit 84mph in 4th gear on the limiter. now i have 15 /35 gearing and the calculator says 115mph on the limiter in 5th but i will never know. ;)

#16 ·
Back when I was still stock bore/stroke (early HRC cam,13.1 piston K&N,HMF pipe) one of my buddies bought a Bushnell radar gun so a bunch of us (mostly banshees) tried all different kinds of gearing changes and made many runs that day.....the best I could get was 86 mph at 15/38 and 90 at 15/36 with 20 inch Razr rears.

I have not even considered trying to find out what it could do now....there are very few times that I would need to go any faster than 90 mph.

elijah....what mods did you have done at the time you got 95 mph?did you have a higher than stock rev limit?

#17 ·
104 on radar and still had some rpm's left running a 15/36 and 21" tires calc says I can do more but the bike gets a little touchy over as I get above 90ish.

#18 ·
What did you use? Radar, gps, vehicle, dyno?

I want to know others 450s top speed since i finally got my top speed on saturday

Post it up if you know yours[/b]

#19 ·
What did you use? Radar, gps, vehicle, dyno?

Post it up if you know yours[/b]
[/b]

GPS

#20 ·
I am most likely gonna go for a ride tomorrow since I am off. If I make it out I am gonna check my top speed again........

#21 ·
Before my big cams, with 13/40 gearing and 22" razrs I gps mine at 79.9mph on wet grass. Yea I'm an idiot! I kept rolling in the throttle and couldn't pin it, it would spin and man at almost 80mph and the bike getting squirly.... You pucker up! I tried it twice and that was it, I wasn't trying to be a hero. I need to try it again on the street. I have a trailtech vapor and I compared it to a gps to about 50 and it was less than half a mph off so I don't claim this next run as official but I raced a mildly modded 450r in a neighborhood, on the street. My trail tech said 87mph when I let off. I can't verify how far off it is at that speed.

#22 ·
104 on radar and still had some rpm's left running a 15/36 and 21" tires calc says I can do more but the bike gets a little touchy over as I get above 90ish.[/b]

What gearing calculator are you using?according to mine,you would have to be hitting 10500 rpms to go 104 mph with 15/36 and 21 inch tires....even with 17:1 compression ( :dunno: ) and a Big Gun CDI....that is quite an accomplishment.

#23 ·

Attachments

#24 ·
damn everyone here has super fast 450's comapred to mine, im pretty sure mine does does around 70... some of yall are damn near hitting 40mph faster hahaha

#25 ·
never really checked I don't really care to find out either.generally I rarely find a reason to be goning more than 4th flat out when actrually doing any riding. I don;t hit the street much with it.

And sand robs sped and power. the only time I've ever been flat out bounces of the revlimiter is in long sand runs and that down right unnerving she get squirrly long before that point.

gearing is 15/38 and under geared at that. If I wanna goes fast I'll break out the 9er or zq8 both capable of 140 and beyound Ican't tell you top speed to the t on those at that point I stop looking down at the gauges.

#26 ·
never really checked I don't really care to find out either.generally I rarely find a reason to be goning more than 4th flat out when actrually doing any riding. I don;t hit the street much with it.[/b]
where i ride i hit 5th gear pinned pretty frequently. As you can see from the pic to the left <<<<, i ride in farm fields alot which have woods around them, so it is tight trails and woods riding, then through the fields to the next batch of trails. Pretty long stretch across alot of the fields.

Never clocked it though, i'm sure its around 75ish though, especially since i dropped the front sprocket a tooth. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.