Honda TRX 450R banner

Hard start 05 450.. when cold

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  bmxzippy180 
#1 ·
Got a question... I bought a used 05 450... It starts kinda hard when it's cold but then first kick after its' been ridden.... Also It likes to back fire a few times then it seems to start after that?? Could this be a jetting issue.. I came with a full sparks exhaust, aluminum air box and sparks foam filter... Any help is apprecieated... thanks

#3 ·
Got a question... I bought a used 05 450... It starts kinda hard when it's cold but then first kick after its' been ridden.... Also It likes to back fire a few times then it seems to start after that?? Could this be a jetting issue.. I came with a full sparks exhaust, aluminum air box and sparks foam filter... Any help is apprecieated... thanks[/b]
man i thought the same when i first got my 450 i pull choke hit gas 2 times and kick and it usally starts for sure one third kick

#4 ·
The jetting could be off for cold weather conditions. I read an article once that if you have a hard time starting the quad when cold that the jetting may be off a bit. My friend had a Predator that did the samething and sure enough, he adjusted his jetting a lil bit and she fires right up now.

#7 ·
common problem, what is your jetting now? It will run lean in the winter, try covering up the air box, make sure the choke is on, if you have a propane heater point it at it for maybe 20 minutes of so(not to close dont want to melt stuff. Also make sure you warm in up before riding it.

#8 ·
I had to put the stock air box lid back on to make my 450r kicker start in the winter. It fires after about 3 kicks with the choke on. Make sure you pump the gas at least once before you kick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.