Gixxer Slip on - on my 700xx! - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Here are some pics... my buddy brought it over, said if it fit I could have it :D

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwor1zhlHc

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
450R Veteran

now lets see it in motion.
My life is not a journey with the intent of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather I will skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out loudly proclaiming... WOW What a Ride!!!
poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
450R Veteran

looks and sounds great, i wish i could get one
hondaman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ODXk5etenU

That was stock, right at the end of breaking it in, that was a long day.

I'll have another video of the slip on after Jan 10th. There is about 30 of us going out.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
450R Veteran

I have plans of buying one in the future but the toy hauler needs an upgrade first. both the puller and the loader.
My life is not a journey with the intent of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather I will skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out loudly proclaiming... WOW What a Ride!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Thankfully, I have all that taken care of :) I have to drag the XX, a YFZ and a 250 EX everywhere we go
Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
450R Veteran

How do the 700xx's stack up any how haven't had th chance to try one i just love the motor and Independent suspesion bike would be nice.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
How do the 700xx's stack up any how haven't had th chance to try one i just love the motor and Independent suspesion bike would be nice.[/b]
I like it a lot. It has torque that is unreal... i went across some pretty deep sand (for Texas in the red river) - about 8" deep and i was rolling through it in 5th gear 100% throttle and it didn't phase it. 3rd gear doughnuts in the sand... its screams... pretty sure it does about 85mph. It's fast. Very nice comfortable ride and AWESOME handling. Always has power on the ground.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
450R Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
How do the 700xx's stack up any how haven't had th chance to try one i just love the motor and Independent suspesion bike would be nice.[/b]
I like it a lot. It has torque that is unreal... i went across some pretty deep sand (for Texas in the red river) - about 8" deep and i was rolling through it in 5th gear 100% throttle and it didn't phase it. 3rd gear doughnuts in the sand... its screams... pretty sure it does about 85mph. It's fast. Very nice comfortable ride and AWESOME handling. Always has power on the ground.
[/b]
I was already gonna buy one but might have to sooner. would love to try one with a pipe intake piston and cam. well with all that it will need some fuel injection tweeking.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I was already gonna buy one but might have to sooner. would love to try one with a pipe intake piston and cam. well with all that it will need some fuel injection tweeking.
[/b]
They say even with the Big 3 (intake, programmer and slip on) you need the programmer that they come pretty lean from the factory. I put a 13t sprocket (down 1 tooth) on mine and it made a big difference. Third gear is kind of steep and the sprocket helped out.

That's all i'll ever do to it - atleast while its under warranty
Old 12-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
400EX Rider

while i was a salesman at the local honda shop we got the test them out for a weekend... what a fun ride there really heavy and i thought with vall the weight it would kinda sluggish i was wrong..... tons of power... i hate to say it though i kinda like my fiancees raptor 700r a lil more than the 700xx..... but i wouldnt give up my 450r for a raptor...
Curtis Sparks Jet Kit
HRC Lid
Green Wire Mod
HC2
plus some other stuff

Myspace Page
KEVIN_TRX450ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

Quote:
while i was a salesman at the local honda shop we got the test them out for a weekend... what a fun ride there really heavy and i thought with vall the weight it would kinda sluggish i was wrong..... tons of power... i hate to say it though i kinda like my fiancees raptor 700r a lil more than the 700xx..... but i wouldnt give up my 450r for a raptor...[/b]

You should have given it a little more time to get used to it. It's not heavy at all. It sounds heavy but the last Raptor guy that rode I think was headed to the Honda dealership!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
400EX Rider

im sure its a great quad i sold one to a kid that i see every now and then and he loves the **** thing to death, while i was there when it first came out we really couldnt give them away, no one really wanted one i think we sold 2 the whole time i was there and they were out for two months before i left there lol.... but it was a fun ride... tons of torque, would wheelie much easier than i thought it would for hte weight... i had a hard time getting used to the independant rear suspension...
Curtis Sparks Jet Kit
HRC Lid
Green Wire Mod
HC2
plus some other stuff

Myspace Page
KEVIN_TRX450ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
450R Rider

Send a message via ICQ to mccown450 Send a message via AIM to mccown450

i was a bit leary when i opened this thread. but it looks factory... lol

and it sounds mean! i want to hear it under a load though!
mccown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
400EX Rider

Send a message via AIM to wayne brady 1956

in the video, it sounds just like a dog growling and then barking hahaha thats a sweet lil moddification.
bored to 480R
hcII
hmf exhuast/hrc header
jetted with lid off
green wire mod
pro armor nerfs
FOX evol X long travel fronts
gibson long travel arms
rpm +4 axle
TCS re-valved dual rate rear shock
IMS ROLL intimidator mx bumper
Rox speed fx bar risers and dash panel