Honda TRX 450R banner

Gixxer Slip on - on my 700xx!

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  scuzz 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
I have plans of buying one in the future but the toy hauler needs an upgrade first. both the puller and the loader.

#7 ·
How do the 700xx's stack up any how haven't had th chance to try one i just love the motor and Independent suspesion bike would be nice.

#8 ·
How do the 700xx's stack up any how haven't had th chance to try one i just love the motor and Independent suspesion bike would be nice.[/b]
I like it a lot. It has torque that is unreal... i went across some pretty deep sand (for Texas in the red river) - about 8" deep and i was rolling through it in 5th gear 100% throttle and it didn't phase it. 3rd gear doughnuts in the sand... its screams... pretty sure it does about 85mph. It's fast. Very nice comfortable ride and AWESOME handling. Always has power on the ground.

#9 ·
How do the 700xx's stack up any how haven't had th chance to try one i just love the motor and Independent suspesion bike would be nice.[/b]
I like it a lot. It has torque that is unreal... i went across some pretty deep sand (for Texas in the red river) - about 8" deep and i was rolling through it in 5th gear 100% throttle and it didn't phase it. 3rd gear doughnuts in the sand... its screams... pretty sure it does about 85mph. It's fast. Very nice comfortable ride and AWESOME handling. Always has power on the ground.
[/b]
I was already gonna buy one but might have to sooner. would love to try one with a pipe intake piston and cam. well with all that it will need some fuel injection tweeking.

#10 ·
[/b]
I was already gonna buy one but might have to sooner. would love to try one with a pipe intake piston and cam. well with all that it will need some fuel injection tweeking.
[/b]
They say even with the Big 3 (intake, programmer and slip on) you need the programmer that they come pretty lean from the factory. I put a 13t sprocket (down 1 tooth) on mine and it made a big difference. Third gear is kind of steep and the sprocket helped out.

That's all i'll ever do to it - atleast while its under warranty ;)

#11 ·
while i was a salesman at the local honda shop we got the test them out for a weekend... what a fun ride there really heavy and i thought with vall the weight it would kinda sluggish i was wrong..... tons of power... i hate to say it though i kinda like my fiancees raptor 700r a lil more than the 700xx..... but i wouldnt give up my 450r for a raptor...

#12 ·
while i was a salesman at the local honda shop we got the test them out for a weekend... what a fun ride there really heavy and i thought with vall the weight it would kinda sluggish i was wrong..... tons of power... i hate to say it though i kinda like my fiancees raptor 700r a lil more than the 700xx..... but i wouldnt give up my 450r for a raptor...[/b]

You should have given it a little more time to get used to it. It's not heavy at all. It sounds heavy but the last Raptor guy that rode I think was headed to the Honda dealership!

#13 ·
im sure its a great quad i sold one to a kid that i see every now and then and he loves the damn thing to death, while i was there when it first came out we really couldnt give them away, no one really wanted one i think we sold 2 the whole time i was there and they were out for two months before i left there lol.... but it was a fun ride... tons of torque, would wheelie much easier than i thought it would for hte weight... i had a hard time getting used to the independant rear suspension...

#15 ·
in the video, it sounds just like a dog growling and then barking hahaha thats a sweet lil moddification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.