TRX450ER Pro Design Kill Switch Install? - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
450R Rider

Send a message via AIM to Ride_Red626
Default TRX450ER Pro Design Kill Switch Install?

I have searched and searched, it seems everyone has a different opinion or way to install this. Can someone explain exactly how this is supposed to be wired on an ER quad (a picture to the 2 mounting points would be awesome)? I have read stories about tapping into the wrong wire (it will kill the engine though), but will blow the main fuse everytime it closes the circuit (tether switch comes out...). I would like to keep my key, and I have read the sticky from Luke at the top of the page, but I dont think that is how it should be done on an ER?

I have never owned anything with an electric start, so all these wires/battery/switches is frusterating me to work on.

Thanks
Dave
Ride_Red626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

and watching this, since I'm getting ready to install mine on a ER
Old 02-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
400EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride_Blue626 View Post
I have searched and searched, it seems everyone has a different opinion or way to install this. Can someone explain exactly how this is supposed to be wired on an ER quad (a picture to the 2 mounting points would be awesome)? I have read stories about tapping into the wrong wire (it will kill the engine though), but will blow the main fuse everytime it closes the circuit (tether switch comes out...). I would like to keep my key, and I have read the sticky from Luke at the top of the page, but I dont think that is how it should be done on an ER?

I have never owned anything with an electric start, so all these wires/battery/switches is frusterating me to work on.

Thanks
Dave
What does the paperwork with that say? Is it the same as Pro Armor?
If it says " ..between stator and coil" it is the black wire with yellow stripe in the CDI cluster. I showed a picture in another post yesterday. The other is a ground to the frame.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
400EX Rider

tether kill switch
click here
Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
TRX90 Rider

You take the ground wire and ground it on the frame. Take the other wire and wire it to the key switch or to the positive side of the coil. That should do it. OR buy a cheap test light and find out what wire kills the light when the key turns off but the wire you test has to be the one for the starting and killing of the motor
james500mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
450R Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipnation View Post
What does the paperwork with that say? Is it the same as Pro Armor?
If it says " ..between stator and coil" it is the black wire with yellow stripe in the CDI cluster. I showed a picture in another post yesterday. The other is a ground to the frame.
Well... that is part of the problem. I bought it new, from a shop (it is a pro design, similiar to the Pro Armor I think), however there was no reference materials in the brand new sealed package. And Pro Design's web site is useless.

Dave
Old 02-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
400EX Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride_Blue626 View Post
Well... that is part of the problem. I bought it new, from a shop (it is a pro design, similiar to the Pro Armor I think), however there was no reference materials in the brand new sealed package. And Pro Design's web site is useless.

Dave
click here

tether kill switch

If it is the two wire like Pro Armor which sends a ground , Wire it like my link shows you and you will be perfect. Doing it this way , will let you do what ever you want with the key or kill switch in the future and will not change your tether kill switch. I have relocated the key under the hood and removed the kill switch and light control from the handle bars while the tether is still the same. I used the manual to choose the right wire at the CDI which has no chance of being high voltage. Follow my instructions in that link ( with photo) and if you have any questions, PM me.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
450R Rider

Yep, got it! Black and yellow wire works great, and thanks for the help guys.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement