Honda TRX 450R banner

Clutch Springs

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  450r duner 
#1 ·
After doing tons of research on clutches and springs for my 450 id love to get a set of dark synergy clutch springs. I know they no longer make them but I was wondering if anyone has a set of them theyd like to sell. Call or text 401-862-6517

Also possibly interested in a complete clutch kit and aftermarket clutch basket.

Thanks, Kyle

#5 ·
Not sure on the hp, the bike has a full exhaust, jetted, HRC cam, outerwears air box cover. I like the idea of the Toyko mod springs, although I have read you can either buy the trx ones or the LTR ones, not sure which ones would work better. Also I like the idea that the DS springs are heat resistant, are the Toyko springs as well? I was looking at Hinson Hi-temp springs as well.

#12 ·
Buy either set, it doesn't matter, they are the same springs. Of course they are heat resistant, they are steel, if your fluid is getting hot enough to affect the temper of spring steel you have greater problems. I wouldn't waste my money on Hinson/Barnett, and especially Tusk springs, the TM springs will perform better and are reasonably priced.

#6 ·
I went with the TM TRX450R springs. They work nicely. In all seriousness your build isnt high enough in power to really need those heavier springs. YOu need the springs when you build high compression or bigbore setups making like 60+ hp.

#8 ·
I haven't looked into different springs before. I always just ran the tusk kit with hd springs and got great life out of them. Anyone care to give me a quick low-down on better springs and/or how they benefit the bike?

Sent from my HTC using tapatalk.

#9 ·
You can buy stronger/stiffer springs so that the clutch will not slip as you make more hp..to briefly answer the above question. My plan was to go with the tusk clutch kit keeping the judder spring. Just wanted springs that won't fade over time with heat.

#11 ·
Judder spring is worthless, throw it out and put another fiber in there.

#19 ·
why not CR500 springs. mine work great..

#22 ·
mines not like that at all. sure it has a bit more of an off and on type feel, but i can still roll out just as smooth from a stop as i could with the stock stuff. Now if your looking for a no compromise set-up, the lockout clutch will never slip (obviously) but its definitely all or nothing. think about it like this, on a crf450 you can roll out nice from a stop with out it being jerky (i have one so i know the feel) so its going to be the same on these quads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.